PDA

View Full Version : QD and Klasse

computersplus1@yahoo.com
11-28-2002, 01:28 PM
For all you experienced Klasse users out there, what have you found to be your best Quick Detailer? I have heard great things about Sonus, given that it has the same acrylic polymers as Klasse. Have also heard great things about EF Clear Pearl and Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I realize that the EF and PCM have carnuba properties and will aid in extending the life of primarily carnuba coatings, so I a am curious as to the effects they have on Klasse as well. Which one gives the best results? Thanks in advance:xyxthumbs

TurboCat
11-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Hi,

There are already several threads on this topic. So you might want to utilize the search to find them...

I have Klasse on my Passat, and it is also topped with P21S (carnauba wax). I have Sonus, but since it is topped with wax I use Meguiars FI #34 for a QD. If it wasn`t topped with the wax I`d use the Sonus.

Must be nice to live where it is always warm!!! :wavey

Scottwax
11-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Clearkote`s Quikshine seems to work on just about any carnuba or synthetic wax. www.clearkote.net

offcenter
11-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by indigofast

For all you experienced Klasse users out there, what have you found to be your best Quick Detailer? I have heard great things about Sonus, given that it has the same acrylic polymers as Klasse. Have also heard great things about EF Clear Pearl and Pinnacle Crystal Mist. I realize that the EF and PCM have carnuba properties and will aid in extending the life of primarily carnuba coatings, so I a am curious as to the effects they have on Klasse as well. Which one gives the best results? Thanks in advance:xyxthumbs

I tried Clear Pearl and Crystal Mist, they attract too much dust. Listen to Scottwax, he turned me on to Quikshine, it`s my favorite QD on top of my Klasse.:cool:

Sharkie
11-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Wizard’s Mist-n-Shine works great with Klasse too. Just make sure you use a microfiber cloth and not cotton.

Adam

computersplus1@yahoo.com
11-29-2002, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the input, I have found that Klasse in general attracts allot of dust in my personal experience. If I do choose to go with carnuba, I guess I will just go ahead and use the Crystal Mist as it is supposed to be the savior of Souveran. However, I am wondering if CM has a good cleaning potential as EF Clear Pearl does.

offcenter
11-29-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by indigofast

Thanks for the input, I have found that Klasse in general attracts allot of dust in my personal experience. If I do choose to go with carnuba, I guess I will just go ahead and use the Crystal Mist as it is supposed to be the savior of Souveran. However, I am wondering if CM has a good cleaning potential as EF Clear Pearl does.

On the contrary. Klasse attracts LESS dust than any carnauba wax or carnauba containing detail spray. If Klasse is attracting too much dust for you, stay away from carnauba waxes.

computersplus1@yahoo.com
11-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

I just got some Sonus a few weeks ago, and love it. Verrry easy to use and leaves an incredible shine over SG. I don`t like the design of the bottle, but the sprayer is really nice. Of the "off the shelf" QD`s, I`ve found EO Wet Wipe N` Shine to work the best. Quickshine is on my list when the Sonus runs out, but that won`t be for a while since winter is starting to get a grip here in Michigan.

Do you have a carnuba coating over the SG? I know Sonus is the way to go of you are straight SG, but have heard to stay away from it if you have a carnuba topping.