PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Cordless Orbital Buffer?

mcarp22
11-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Is this thing any good?

Also What other products are comperable to the PC 7336? Thanks

shaf
11-28-2002, 01:11 PM
Search search search... ;)

CharlesW
11-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Search search search... ;)

I did, and this is the only thread that came up. Using various combinations, I found a few posts about Wen and Simoniz, but nothing about the Meguiar`s unit.

Charles

shaf
11-29-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by CharlesW

I did, and this is the only thread that came up. Using various combinations, I found a few posts about Wen and Simoniz, but nothing about the Meguiar`s unit.

Charles Hmm, you know what Charles? You`re right! I know for sure that this was discussed in two threads a couple months ago, but I guess they were both blown away in the server hiccup. :( :doh

Sorry F94Ranger.

No one had tried it yet, but my impression (and others I think) was that it was a relabeled Wen buffer. It certainly looks very similar and there aren`t many cordless buffers around in the first place. Someone (can`t remember who...) emailed Meguiar`s about this thing and for some messed up reason, they quoted its power rating in amps, not the usual volts for cordless tools. I think the number of orbits it gave was similar to the Wen unit. In all likelihood it`s probably better suited for light work than the more serious jobs a PC is usually used for.

Hope that helps.

mrdetailer
11-29-2002, 12:19 AM
about $25.00 and get a real PC from properautocare.com, or Lowes.

CharlesW
11-29-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by mrdetailer

about $25.00 and get a real PC from properautocare.com, or Lowes.

Already did that, but the cordless aspect sounds interesting. There have been times it would have come in handy.

Charles

CharlesW
11-29-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

No one had tried it yet

Since no one has tried it yet, is it possible it is time for another 4DSC in depth article?

The corded PC Article was absolutely great, now for one on the cordless units.

In your spare time over the Holidays.:D

Charles

imported_Intermezzo
11-29-2002, 10:42 AM
It`s a relabeled tool made by Nikota. It works great for light polishing & wax application. In fact, it`s so light and convenient that I actually prefer this model over the standard PC when doing light work on the car. The fact that it`s cordless makes a tremendous difference when it comes to ease of use.

It doesn`t replace the much stronger units made by Porter-Cable because it`s not strong enough, nor will the rechargable batteries last long enough, but I think it`s a considerable step up from some of the other rechargables made by WEN and Simoniz.

Basically, I use this machine to apply glazes, paint cleansers and to layer paint sealants. When I need to remove any swirls or any minor imperfections, I usually borrow my friend`s PC 7336.

shaf
11-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

Since no one has tried it yet, is it possible it is time for another 4DSC in depth article?

The corded PC Article was absolutely great, now for one on the cordless units.

In your spare time over the Holidays.:D

Charles :shocked :shocked

(credit card spontaneously combusts)

(faints...)

:D