PDA

View Full Version : Dulon 1 & 2...

Pages : [1] 2

drewski59
11-28-2002, 02:32 AM
Well, after receiving my HUGE 4 oz. FREE samples, I decided I should go ahead and test them!!!:D

First off, this was done on the right front fender of our 95 Astro.

To prepare the surface, and to strip whatever was on there, I used Einszett Paint Polish(a little stronger than the Metallic Polish;) ). I must say, I`m really impressed with Einszett`s polishes. They`re top-notch! Easy on, easy off, and they remove swirls!!!

After buffing that, I applied the #1 as per directions. A little bit goes a long way, I would compare it to Zaino Z-1.

This product, according to Dulon, is a pre-cleaner and surface prep for #2, similar to Z-1`s purpose.

It says to let it haze, then just apply #2 right over it(see the similarities here??). Again, this product goes a long way, and is very easy to apply, like Z-2. I let it dry for a half-hour.

When I came back, it was all dry, so I buffed it. Nice and easy.

As for the immediate shine, I was really blown away!!! I didn`t expect much, considering most of the marketing stuff looks aimed towards the high school/lowrider/tuner bunch. The shine is a lot clearer than Meguiars Gold Class, but not as sharp as Zaino. It looks deeper and wetter, though!

Also, tonight I noticed a certain Z-type sparkle from the outdoor lights. If the durability is as good as they claim(one year), then this will be a STRONG contender in the polymer arena!!!

I`ll keep you updated on the durability!!!:xyxthumbs

:wavey

SergC
11-28-2002, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the review:up

Yep, Einszett polishes are awesome:bow

Steve @ Guru
11-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Drewski, did you get the Dulon at the SEMA show?

Bret and I met with the US importers for the Dulon line; very nice guys - we spent quite a while chatting with them. They gave us some samples to test - they said they were really interested in finding out how it compared to other products.

Apparently, the guys who import the stuff own a bodyshop or two down in Texas, and were really impressed by the stuff when they saw it at a show. I can hardly wait to try it myself; the retail packaging is really nice - very high quality bottles (if that means anything).... :)

dr427
11-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Didn`t know what Dulon was so I checked out the website. I like the looks of the help!

Dulon (http://www.dulon.com/) :shocked

shaf
11-28-2002, 01:34 PM
Wow, interesting product indeed! I wonder if the product can be layered or if they advocate layering at all? I don`t see why not, but then again Einszett said "no".... :nixweiss

http://www.dulonus.com/ For pricing and more FAQ info than the intl site.

drewski59
11-29-2002, 01:14 AM
No, geekysteve, I didn`t get it at the SEMA show. I just emailed them and they sent me these HUGE bottles!:shocked

I`m not sure if it can be layered. But based on its immediate results, it would be very impressive when layered(if possible).

It rained the other day, and I went out to look at the test panel.

It sheeted very nicely. Small, tight beads were left behind. (Very small indeed...about the size of a pinhead, after it grew it just joined the big `sheet` and wiped itself off!:D ).

Impressed so far, but again, time will tell.:xyxthumbs

imported_BretFraz
11-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Yup, Steve and I got the Dulon 1 & 2, Pre, and Shampoo. Haven`t had a chance to use them but will do so soon.

Thanks for the review. :up

Marj
12-05-2002, 06:08 PM
I met with them at the SEMA show, and got email, dated Nov. 11, that my products were on their way. As of Dec. 5, I am still waiting. I did email them a couple of times to see whats up, but apparently no ones home. So, if this is any indication, this sounds like, customer no service to me. :down

VetteToVair
12-05-2002, 09:01 PM
am i the only idiot who can`t find the sizes of the bottles on the website? they emphasize really thin coats, but then they say the pair will only cover 6 vehicles :confused: . with a sample bottle being 4oz, i dont see the actual bottle being less than 16 or so. but with their description it doesn`t sound like much. any ideas?

drewski59
12-12-2002, 12:28 AM
Update:

Well, what a big surprise!!:o

After just two weeks, the Dulon is showing signs of ending. What a disappointment!:(

It finally started beading, instead of sheeting, but the beads look EXACTLY the same as the also 2 week old Gold Class on the panel next to it!:down

They are rather large, with soft edges that look almost like they`re clinging to the paint, much as an unwaxed panel would.

Optics, however, haven`t been touched at all!:xyxthumbs It retains its Z-like `sparkle`, and the reflections and clarity are still top-notch!

Looks: great...

Durability: grasping for dear life after only two weeks!:sosad

I`ll keep you posted!

I had pretty high hopes for this product. It could still surprise me...

Mindflux
12-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Looks like my Dulon should be on it`s way shortly. I hope your results turned out better than expected Drewski.

:up

Marj
12-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Mindflux, how did you convince them to send you samples or did you buy? I can`t seem to get them to reply to my emails.

Mindflux
12-16-2002, 01:40 PM
I just wrote info@dulon.com and gave them a little background on me, said I wasn`t a professional detaler and I just did it to keep my family`s cars healthy and asked if they had any sample kits.

They replied this morning and offered to send me Dulon 1 & 2 so I shot off my address and told them I`ll give them my feedback after I`ve used it.

VetteToVair
12-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

I just wrote info@dulon.com and gave them a little background on me, said I wasn`t a professional detaler and I just did it to keep my family`s cars healthy and asked if they had any sample kits.

They replied this morning and offered to send me Dulon 1 & 2 so I shot off my address and told them I`ll give them my feedback after I`ve used it.

same here. i guess they go through their email once a month or something. emailed me this morning and i responded with my address. simple as that.

drewski59
12-16-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Looks like my Dulon should be on it`s way shortly. I hope your results turned out better than expected Drewski.

It`s been raining pretty intensely up here in WA.:rolleyes:

The Gold Class is just about dead after a month in the rain. However, Dulon is staying consistent with its beading and gloss. The beads, like I said before, are a little large and rough around the edges, but you can tell it`s still there. I guess I`m just spoiled from the tight, deep beads that Zaino leaves me.:D ;)

I`ll keep everyone updated, though...