PDA

View Full Version : Zaino isn`t so tough

Scott P
11-26-2002, 12:33 PM
I always thought Zaino was pretty bulletproof. It has stopped rain, salt, bird crap and even the occaisional lawn sprinkler. However, I found out it was unable to stop a trailer hitch receiver...:D

p.s. This is the first picture I`ve posted, let`s hope it works...

shaf
11-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Ouch! :( What exactly are we looking at?

Skyline
11-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Scott P

However, I found out it was unable to stop a trailer hitch receiver...:D

Ah, but how many coats did you apply? ;)

The damage looks pretty bad though. Hope it`s not too pricey to fix!

Redcar GUY
11-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Looks like the back of an Avalanche ??:nixweiss

Scott P
11-26-2002, 04:06 PM
It`s the front end to my Grand Prix GT. Here`s what the whole front end looks like. Notice the residue from the duct tape used to ensure closure of the hood. Also, I drove in some wet snow anddidn`t get a chance to wash the car. So, no cracks about it`s lack of cleanliness!:D

Scott P
11-26-2002, 04:11 PM
I suppose I should actually post the rest of the story. I rear-ended my father in law on Sunday. The car in front of him slammed on the brakes for a light, he slammed his and I was a tad slow in reacting. I hit the rear of his 97 Jeep Cherokee at about 10 mph. The airbags didn`t deploy, but I need about $2,600 worth of work done.

The damage to his Jeep? Nothing...zero...nada...zilch...

His receiver hitch took all the impact and his bumper is high enough to have me slide under his. I don`t think I even scratched the paint on the damn hitch.

The good thing is nobody was hurt and I was able to drive the car home.

imported_doug
11-27-2002, 10:10 PM
You rear-ended your father in law? Why on earth did you pick him???

:D

Seriously - sorry for your misfortune. I`m not sure which hurts more - getting your beautifully polished and waxed car hit by some jacka$$ through no fault of your own, or being the jacka$$ and screwing it up all by yourself. Either way it is hard to take. Sounds like you have the right attitude though.