PDA

View Full Version : AIO / SG in progress: quick response needed =(

schoi
11-24-2002, 05:03 PM
AIO is supposed to strip wax and prep for SG, correct? I did NOT dawn wash before using AIO (which I`m buffing right now), and I tried the "squeak test": rub a clean towel on the paint. If it squeaks, there is no wax. If it`s smooth, then there is.

After buffing AIO, there was no squeak. Is this because AIO has stripped the wax and left its own acrylic protection, or because there is still wax on the paint? I`m thinking it`s the acrylic protection but I want to make sure.

Redcar GUY
11-24-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Polaris

After buffing AIO, there was no squeak. Is this because AIO has stripped the wax and left its own acrylic protection, or because there is still wax on the paint? I`m thinking it`s the acrylic protection but I want to make sure.

After the AIO the paint should be slick and smooth, sounds like everything is ok:):xyxthumbs

schoi
11-24-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks, that`s reassuring.

Two coats of AIO isn`t worth it, right...?

imported_Intermezzo
11-24-2002, 05:26 PM
That would depend on the condition of your paint. If it`s a newer car, then one application should be fine. If however, you notice that your app gets a bit dirty during your first application or your car is more than a few years old, then you might benefit from two applications.

schoi
11-24-2002, 05:35 PM
No, my car is only a year and three months old. And it`s also a very well maintained one, so I`m gonna go ahead and SG. I`m about to go buff the AIO off the chrome wheels, start coat no. 1 of SG, and see how it looks. =)

Thanks, guys :D