PDA

View Full Version : Glaze over polymer

Richt
11-24-2002, 04:53 AM
I am planning to prep the car for winter, two coats of autoglym super resin, as may coats of autoglym extra loss protection ( hopefully 5 or 6). Can i then add a coat of glaze before topping with P21s??

I love the way the car looks at the moment with Megs no 7 and P21s and really dont wan to lose the depth and wetness , when i go back to autoglym.

BradE
11-24-2002, 09:31 AM
Yes, you can use a glaze over the polymer. However, it will reduce the durability of the polymer. The solvent content in the glaze will attack the polymer and brake it down quicker over time.

Richt
11-24-2002, 10:47 AM
Cheers

May not be worth it as, i glazed and waxed the car as usaul today, until i found a scratch on the door, i used megs 9 it wasnt really removing the scratcg, so i used the medallion paint cleaner, some more 9 and it was gone. The paint cleaned and no 9 door looked as good as the est of the car which had just been polished with megs hand polish and a coat of show car glaze,

On top of the door i put i a coat of supersin autoglym, ther was no noticeable difference to panels, so next weekend i will paint clean the whole car, no 9 it and polish with autoglym super resin and start to layer on the extra gloss before topping with p21s.

shaf
11-24-2002, 01:18 PM
Based on my experience with glaze over Klasse, I would not try it. If it dissolves Klasse (poof!) I would guess that it would remove your Extra Gloss too. Besides, if EG can layer like that it might still look just as good, with the layers of sealant taking place of the glaze.

Lowejackson
11-24-2002, 03:17 PM
The only way to find out is to try it. Do one panel with Autoglym & glaze and the other with Autoglym SR & EG topped with wax. I have tried using Blitz and Dr OK Wack polish (glaze) over Resin, it did not appear to make much difference to the shine.

Steven

Richt
11-25-2002, 03:44 AM
After yestedays results it did make no diffrence on top of just the resin cant wait to see SR then 5 coats of EG topped with blitz and p21s!!!!! It think the gloss is all down to the paint cleaning stage ill no 9 the whole car and winterize!

KLO
11-25-2002, 09:58 AM
Many glazes contain a fine abrasive that will remove whatever is present on the surface.