PDA

View Full Version : Move Over Meguiars, Come Here S100!

Pages : [1] 2

thegeek
11-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Well, today I finally used the most infamous product on this board at this time - S100 Wax. I washed the car with some Meguiars soap, and then followed up with some Meguiars # 7 Show Car Glaze. Right after that is usually when I followed with my # 26 and was happy. Today was different though. I bought S100 last week or so and was waiting all week for this moment to come. I opened it up, and got to work right away. Wow. This is an easy product to use. Dip in the applicator and then just rub in and buff out after with the good ol` MF towel. Anyways; in all, my car is one big shiny WHITE mirror. The S100 is truly a great product and I`m glad that this board has such nice people that reccomend such great products. Thanks all for talking about this wax for so long and so much. I`m thinking of adding another coat tomorrow. Will that help it at all with shine or anything. Any comments, questions, etc. just go ahead and say!

Detailing NY
11-23-2002, 03:48 PM
What i like to do is add a product called final polish before i apply s100. It really brings out the glow and then once you add s100. WOW, there is nothing as good.

NYD

CharlesW
11-23-2002, 04:09 PM
NYD:

Which Final Polish do you use under S100? Their web-site shows two, one of which they refer to as a breathable sealant.

Charles

jcattarulla
11-23-2002, 05:40 PM
Charles: I just got back from working with NYDetailer, and we layered S100 on top of final finish, which we applied with the PC, and let me tell you, that`s the best combo. I`ve seen.

My black BMW has NEVER looked better!

John

CharlesW
11-23-2002, 06:11 PM
From the PDQ site:

"The Final Stage-Final Polishes & Waxes

Final Polish - The ultimate polish, easy to use, even in the sun. Non-silicone.

Vitreo Long Lasting Final Polish - Breathable sealant. Non-Silicone"

The first appears to be white in color or in a white bottle.

The second is kinda blue or violet in the picture.

Since you guys didn`t say anything about "Vitreo", I`m guessing that you were using the Final Polish described first.

Great! Another product to try. Just what I needed.;)

Charles

jcattarulla
11-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Charles,

The one we used in the session today was violet colored. It worked so well. Others at the session said it worked better than Zaino and was MUCH easier to use- no waiting.

The results of Final Polish with the P100 on black was outstanding.

The Violet Polish smells great too, not that it matters, but, just so you know!

Cheers,

John Cattman

PS What site were you looking at for the Final Polish?

CharlesW
11-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by jcattarulla

Charles,

The one we used in the session today was violet colored. It worked so well. Others at the session said it worked better than Zaino and was MUCH easier to use- no waiting.

The results of Final Polish with the P100 on black was outstanding.

The Violet Polish smells great too, not that it matters, but, just so you know!

Cheers,

John Cattman

PS What site were you looking at for the Final Polish?

So it may have been the "Vitreo Final Polish".

The web-site is www.autobodysupplies.com

That appears to be the home site for PDQ supplies.

Charles

jcattarulla
11-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Confirm with NYDetailer- it was his stuff. Whatever that Violet stuff is, it works like a charm.

VetteToVair
11-23-2002, 07:35 PM
i emailed them a while ago and they told me that the long-lasting purple stuff needed a 24-hr cure time before a carnauba topper could be applied. they said the white final polish had an instant cure time and could be topped immediately.

i asked about the cure time of final polish(white) and this was the response:

For the ultimate deep shine, the Long Lasting Final Polish is best. This product takes 24 hours to cure. This product is unbelievable on dark colored cars. The Final Polish is excellent as well but the Long Lasting will save you the extra step. The Final Polish does not require time to cure. Our Hot Rod Wax is a carnuaba wax products. Please click here to view these products. Thank you for your interest.

Car Polishes Inc./PDQ Supply

www.carpolishes.com/www.autobodysupplies.com

Detailing NY
11-23-2002, 08:05 PM
I know all about this product.

** I dont want to spam, but I will be able to get you the products at a better cost. I just dont want to see you wasting money

I sent you a PM.

NYD

I use the long lasting final polish & regular final polish. The machine glaze is very good as well.

Riccar
11-23-2002, 09:37 PM
i have used S100 over Meguiar`s Show Car Glaze. I decided to buy S100 Paint Cleanser and put S100 over it. The difference was readily apparent. The S100 Paint Cleanser did a FAR better shine than the Meguiar`s did. Meguiar`s had a slight haze with S100 over it. The S100 Paint Cleanser gave it a deeper shine than Meguiar`s. I kid you not, S100 Paint Cleanser is the way to go (and it`s only $9).

:bow S100...

thegeek
11-24-2002, 02:10 AM
Sweet. When I get out of debt, and run out of polish and stuff; I`ll move onto that S100 Paint Cleanser.

TheOzzfather
11-24-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by NY detailer

What i like to do is add a product called final polish before i apply s100. It really brings out the glow and then once you add s100. WOW, there is nothing as good.

NYD

Where can I get it Brian!

JUNNIEIV
11-24-2002, 04:52 PM
I recently just bought the S100 paint cleanser to use instead of #7, but was wondering, would it produce better results to use both? Not quite sure what order to use them in, though...wash, s100 paint cleanser, #7, s100wax, or wash, #7, s100 paint cleanser, s100 wax..

though it seems i won`t be getting much of chance to use them at all unless i figure out how to do all that in mid 30s temperature..

Scottwax
11-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Mage

I recently just bought the S100 paint cleanser to use instead of #7, but was wondering, would it produce better results to use both? Not quite sure what order to use them in, though...wash, s100 paint cleanser, #7, s100wax, or wash, #7, s100 paint cleanser, s100 wax..

though it seems i won`t be getting much of chance to use them at all unless i figure out how to do all that in mid 30s temperature..

Just use S100 SEPC then follow with S100 paste wax. As long as your paint is in good shape, that should be more than enough.

I work when it is in the 30`s, so if you can handle the cold, go for it.