PDA

View Full Version : BF-2 on glass

RobD
11-22-2002, 07:33 PM
I recently applied BF-2 to my car`s glass and the results were fantastic. Without exaggeration, when I drove the car, the glass (albeit, relatively new glass) all but disappeared from view. I actually could not believe the difference. Application was easy, but it was a little difficult removing the residue (even with MF), thankfully, a spray with some distilled water, followed with a cotton towel did the trick. It even has the (silicone) wipers working much better, although, the rain water does not blow off of the windshield like it would if Rain-X were applied. Anyway, BF-2 really made a difference, the glass feels smoother and absolutely sparkles.

:xyxthumbs

stoneweed1
11-26-2002, 04:53 PM
did u apply the polish or the all finish paint protection to the windows? could you top it off with rain-x?

hondaguy2582
11-26-2002, 07:25 PM
does bf2 really work on glass? Id like to see how it do on glass with the rain!!!!!!!

RobD
11-26-2002, 08:26 PM
stoneweed1, I should have clarified, I used the paint protection on the glass - after I cleaned it very well (I usually use a paint cleaner/prep or 3M Adhesive, Tar and Wax Remover). I guess you could top it off with rain-x so the rain water rolls off at speed, but, in time, I usually have problems with rain-x not reacting well with the wipers (since I do use them at slow speeds) - wipers end up streaking water on the glass. The rain-x must contaminate the wiper blades. Being very stable and durable, I think the BF-2 paint protection will stay, for the most part, on the glass - so far so good.

Abercrombie2582, I expected rain water to roll off half decently with BF-2, but it really doesn`t. If it keeps my wipers working well and the glass looking great, that`s fine with me.

It really does make the glass look exceptionally clear when viewed from inside the car and more reflective on the outside. I haven`t tried it on the inside glass surface, but I may. The glass also seems to dry easier and with less streaks after a wash.

hondaguy2582
11-30-2002, 10:26 AM
sweet, ill have to give it a try sometime next week if the weather clears up!!!!!!:D