PDA

View Full Version : Which Meguiars products to use

Pages : [1] 2

bajaiman
11-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Just some questions on Meguiars products….What are the differences between Meguiars’s Deep crystal line ups (paint cleaner, polish and wax), the mirror glaze line ups (#9, #7, #26) and Gold class line ups (surface prep and gold class wax)?.

I’ve been using Gold class line ups for quite awhile and quite satisfied with the results but it doesn’t last that long. Will there be any advantages to change to Meguiars professional Mirror glaze products?, can you really tell the differences??.

I have a dark green metallic car and I’d like to keep my car’s paint in top notch. I don’t mind polishing/waxing once or twice a month.

From where I live (Sydney, Australia) the only common products that I can find in the shops are Meguiars, Mothers, Eagle One and Turtle wax. NO Klasse, P21S/S100, Zaino or Zymol can be found :( …. I can’t even found Meguiars #20 anywhere!! :mad:

Any feedback is much appreciated! :)

Cheers.

Riccar
11-22-2002, 01:05 AM
i have tried almost all the meguair`s line of waxes. their durability on them all seems about the same. the gold class products gives a better shine than their other lines. one thing i don`t care for with meguiar`s is that they get "streaky" after a couple of days. Mother`s waxes were rated a tad better than Meguair`s or Turtle. Zymol seemed to leave a haze or cloudy look after a couple of days and probably had the shortest life span.

Green Monster
11-22-2002, 06:59 AM
I use the Mirror Glaze line (#9, #7, #26, and #20) I have great results with all of them. I also use P21S too.

A good combination is:

then

then (you can layer #7 and #26 alternately)

then

P21S

or

then

then

P21S

#9 is alittle stronger then #7 in the surface prep department.

#7 has more oils in it and layers good with #26.

I like to layer #26 and P21S alternately, they work well together.

#20 has cleaners in it some you can`t have anything before it and it a polymer sealant so it doesn`t stick to a oil glaze or a carnauba base wax.

and last but not lease alittle goes along way!!!!!

Mizzuri
11-22-2002, 07:18 AM
HI,

If your from Sydney you might want to try www.WaxWizard.com.au . They also have a shop and you can find all the info on the site. By memory there is someone who is frequently on this forum from Waxwizard.

Good luck, sucks how us Australian`s miss out on the good stuff!!

bajaiman
11-22-2002, 07:36 AM
Thanks a bunch for the recommendation Green Monster! :), much appreciated. I will probably go and buy #7 and #26 on the weekend.

I already have Scratch X, can that replace #9??, whats the pros/cons?, Since I can`t find #20 anywhere, can other Meguiars product be used instead?.

Now lastly can somebody point me where I can buy P21S/S100 wax online that has a reasonable price and ship overseas too?, the only one I can find is from Autodetail.com which sells P21S wax for US$25 (175 gr or 6.2 ounces!! :eek: ... is that a normal price?? :confused: ).... btw .... can I use Pinnacle Souveran Wax instead of P21S?

Thanks for the link Mizzuri :up , at last :o ... I can find other products apart from Meguiars :)

Cheers.

Zealot
11-22-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by bajaiman

Thanks a bunch for the recommendation Green Monster! :), much appreciated. I will probably go and buy #7 and #26 on the weekend.

I already have Scratch X, can that replace #9??, whats the pros/cons?, Since I can`t find #20 anywhere, can other Meguiars product be used instead?.

Now lastly can somebody point me where I can buy P21S/S100 wax online that has a reasonable price and ship overseas too?, the only one I can find is from Autodetail.com which sells P21S wax for US$25 (175 gr or 6.2 ounces!! :eek: ... is that a normal price?? :confused: ).... btw .... can I use Pinnacle Souveran Wax instead of P21S?

Thanks for the link Mizzuri :up , at last :o ... I can find other products apart from Meguiars :)

Cheers.

You can check out this site (http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=87607&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=264835&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=264835&bmUID=1035855744546) and see if they`ll ship over seas. Good luck!

shaf
11-22-2002, 01:50 PM
I think it`d be a good choice to go with a #7, #26 combo because #26 is also much more durable than either the DCS or Gold Class waxes. Gold Class has never been known for longevity, and apparently DCS had terrible durability.

You could always keep using the Gold Class or DCS prep products though as they may be good for polishing up the paint prior to #7 and #26. I`m pretty sure either of these or Scratch-X can partially replace #9 since they all have abrasive cleaners and are supposed to remove oxidation. I don`t know if they have the gloss effects of #9 or how they`d handle though - if you have one of them already it`s worth a try.

mrdetailer
11-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bajaiman

Unfortunately it is a normal non-sale price for P21S. A little does go a long way. It does have amazing reflectivity, and is so easy to apply and remove. Souveran is twice the price for the same 6 ounces. That`s why I haven`t purchased it.

Personally I feel that the Pro line of Meguiars polishes are very good. Tried the other lines and don`t like them as well. I currently have #7, #9, #26, Endurance and DACP, along with various interior products.

#26 lasts much longer than the Gold Class Line in my experience. And #7 together with #26 looks just about as good as anything on the market.

Hey at least you can wax all year around down there.

Riccar
11-22-2002, 04:07 PM
S100 can be found at CMA (properautocare.com) for $15. that`s where I get my stuff from. also recommend the S100 paint cleanser ($9), use it before S100. great stuff....

imported_Tony
11-22-2002, 04:26 PM
’ve been using Gold class line ups for quite awhile and quite satisfied with the results but it doesn’t last that long.

I agree the gold class wax does not last very long and it stains trim. The #7 and 26 work very well together and 26 does not stain your trim. I feel that 26 can be layered even though layering is a seperate discussion.

BTW: I like the gold class car shampoo. My point is there are good products in both lines but I favor the Mirror Glaze polishes and waxes.

msmcdon
11-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Mizzuri

Maybe so, but you get some of the awesome cars that we miss here in the US!

:D ;)

I loved Meguiar`s Gold Class, but found it`s longevity severely lacking. Now I use #9 for swirl removal (when there`s a need... don`t want to remove too much paint), then top with a coat of #20 because of it`s longevity in harsh weather.

You know... I`d be happy to buy some meguiar`s products and personally deliver them to you if you buy me a round trip ticket to Australia!

;)

Zealot
11-22-2002, 05:46 PM

Yeah right! Totally OT, but my wife and I honeymooned in Oz (Brisbane, Surfer`s Paradise, Fraser Island) in January of 2001 for 2 weeks and we absolutely did not want to come back! My wife`s life-long dream was to be able to hold and cuddle a Koala and thanks to the folks at Lone Pine Sanctuary, she got to hold and have her picture/video taken with 5 of them. Fantastic sights, great people where ever we went, and nice weather. But that first day with the rental car, driving from Brisbane to Hervey Bay was a 4 hour white knuckle trip! It`s just not natural to drive on the left side of the road, on the right side of the car! ;)

Dave

bajaiman
11-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by HoneyGold65

Maybe so, but you get some of the awesome cars that we miss here in the US!

:D ;)

I loved Meguiar`s Gold Class, but found it`s longevity severely lacking. Now I use #9 for swirl removal (when there`s a need... don`t want to remove too much paint), then top with a coat of #20 because of it`s longevity in harsh weather.

You know... I`d be happy to buy some meguiar`s products and personally deliver them to you if you buy me a round trip ticket to Australia!

;)

Australians get awsome cars thats not available in US??:eek: ... which one???... but I envy you guys that live in US for much chepear car prices.

I just bought #7, #9 and #26, and will going to give em a try, just wax my car with Gold Class a few weeks ago,...should I use Dawn dish washing liquid to strip the old wax or I can just apply #7 and #26 without removing the old wax?.

I`d rather buy my self a ticket to US and get my self tons of car polish/wax that we don`t have here :D

DP-Jedi: we do misses on good stuffs....like car prices, car accessories, electronics. As for holding koalas and Brisbane, I`ve never done that eventho I`ve lived in Australia for more than 13 years. Yes I`m agree with you that we do have nice weather here down under :D

Mizzuri
11-23-2002, 01:49 AM
you can get S100 and other p21s related products at any harley dealer in Melbourne and Sydney. Give them i call, they are normally very helpfull.

bajaiman
11-23-2002, 03:02 AM

you can get S100 and other p21s related products at any harley dealer in Melbourne and Sydney. Give them i call, they are normally very helpfull.

Can you really????..:eek: :eek: ..... wooohooo :D .... I`ll give em a call on Monday and see if they can use next day delivery shipping. Thanks a lot Mizzuri :up

Btw Mizzuri....do you use S100 yourself?