PDA

View Full Version : Removing Klasse

procareman50
11-21-2002, 11:45 PM
Hey guys: Several, probably very elementary questions, but as you see from my profile, I am still an apprentice.....I need to be taught!!!

Now that I am almost sold on paying more $$$$$$$$ to get some Klasse products for the Bimmer, I was wondering if I could get some info on removing it?? What do you use, is it easy to take off?

Also, what do some of you people use as a quick detailer in between washes? (If any....)

Finally, do any of you guys clay over your multiple SG coats, or is there no need for that, especially if you use a good QD.

Thanks fellas.....more stupid questions coming soon to a forum near you!!!!!:bow :xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
11-22-2002, 12:13 AM
Removing Klasse is easy. Klasse basicly removes Klasse. AIO will strip SG pretty quick. Dawn will also strip it in my experience. Pretty much any paint cleaner or swirl remover should get rid of it too. Try searching a little about "removing Klasse" and see what you come up with.

Clay is going to remove your sealant. You don`t want to clay over SG unless you plan on reapplying it in the areas you clayed.

There are a few threads about QDs of choice around here. You can use any kind you want, but keep in mind that if you use a QD with carnuba in it then you won`t be able to layer any more SG on the car. Stick to the non carnuba QDs unless you are done with the Klasse.

Definatly spend some time with the search function. Klasse is one of the more well used products at Autopia. There are tons of threads about how to use it and what some effective methods of applying and removing it could be. :xyxthumbs

procareman50
11-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Thanks MAN:xyxthumbs

Sounds very easy.....I will start using the search function....actually have not used that yet....

Approaching 3000 posts fella!! You da MAN!!!!

Thanks for the help:bow

Mindflux
11-22-2002, 12:38 AM
"the man" or "no life".. hrmm fine line ;)

Brdman is pretty damn impressive, tho he likes to hit on me. The weirdo.

:p

Jngrbrdman
11-22-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Mindflux

"the man" or "no life".. hrmm fine line ;)

Brdman is pretty damn impressive, tho he likes to hit on me. The weirdo.

:p

That is only cuz you are so dang sexy. And you smell like watermelons... mmmmmmmmm :p

procareman50
11-22-2002, 02:22 AM
One last question Brdman (or anyone who will entertain me):

I have been reading past threads on QDs for the last hour and 45 minutes. Anyway, one member talked about using the Sonus Spritz as his weekly QD over Klasse AIO and SG, then mentioned EF Clear Pearl in between or if he ran out of Sonus. Sonus is acrylic which matches the Klasse, but EF CP has carnauba in it. I know that after EF you wouldn`t be able to lay down any more layers of SG, but the real question from me, is can you alternate an acrylic and carnauba QD like that without any problems?? Thanks.....off to bed for me........:o

:xyxthumbs

ashsarna
11-22-2002, 08:52 AM
This is from "(or anyone who will entertain me)";) . Sonus is great to use over klasse (as an in b/w SG application and regular QDing), it has the same composition as klasse. EF clear pearl is excellent also BUT it is carnauba based and should be used only after you have put your layers of SG (and plan not to put mor for the next 6 months). EF is good over carnauba wax like ps21/s100 or souvergn. I would also consider using Meguiars FI as a QD for klasse (great $ and proven quality). Remember a good tip when applying layers of SG: to QD b/w applications especially when you waiting 24hrs (like I do if possible). The general understanding is that there is no real benefit to layer SG more than 5 times.

The application and removal of AIO is VERY quick and easy. The application of SG is easy(must put very thin layer - read the suggestions on this site,m perferbly with a mf pad - like zaino, BFII ect.), but the removal may be not as easy for some (if done wrong). If you layer thin then wait (the longer the better - at least 45min to 1hr) you should have no problems. Another tip: slightly mist your mf pad/cloth (a different one used for removal only) with some Meguiars QD, it will amaze you how easy the process will become.

shaf
11-22-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bmw530i2003

.... but the real question from me, is can you alternate an acrylic and carnauba QD like that without any problems?? I don`t know if anyone`s tried this... This is one problem with owning a "specialized" carnauba/acrylic QD instead of just a "regular" QD like #34, EO, etc. etc. You should only use them at certain times, while with a normal QD you can use it with anything.

I`m still getting a carnauba QD for my topper though! :D