PDA

View Full Version : should i????

Richt
11-21-2002, 05:35 PM
As much as i an happy with the finish of my car, looks like ive got to go back to the winter regime! The car currently has numerous coats of blitz, megs 26, or p21s on it , but i really need some polymer protection on it, No zaino or blackfire or klasse over here, could get megs no 20, but i alreay have Autoglym and it is so easily obtainable, and is supposedly so close to Klasse so my plan is ( after reading many klasse threads) to this weekend weather allowing to apply.

Two coats of Auto glym super resin ploish and start to apply as many coats of Autoglym extra gloss protection, am looking to get 5 coats on ( which i read is the optimum amount for 2nd of the klasse twins) before i top with blitz, p21s however i feel.

I currently wax the car every week, but when the cold weather comes i will find it hard to remove carnuba????

Also if i apply the autoglym topped with a carnuba route will i be able to use say megs no 7 before i wax if weather allows or is this not recommeded on top of a wax, on top of a ploymer?? My current regime is a wash once a week, followed by a coat of wax on a sataurady and a quick detail and second coat of wax on a sunday. I would like to keep this up through winter, I have never had any problems using autoglym through winter, anybody applied carnuba when its cold?? Alsp once a month i either showcar glaze or megs hand polish the car. Should i continue this ?

Lowejackson
11-23-2002, 04:27 PM
If you can keep applying wax over the winter, you should be fine. Applying wax when it is cold is not easy but it can be done. The thing I find the hardest during the winter is the damp. This coupled with the cold can just make the wax smear and difficult to remove.

If your going the Autoglym route you only need one application of the Resin, then you can add as many layers as you want of Extra Gloss, but you need to watch the damp. Extra Gloss does not like the damp. I have found the EG needs a few hours before buffing, so once again it depends on finding several hours without to much cold or rain.

If you get several layers of EG, just top with your fav wax in the normal way that way if you cannot do any waxing for many weeks at least the paintwork is still protected.

You would need to strip as much of the old wax as you can before applying Autoglym so this is a good time to clay and get the prep done to see you through winter

HTH

Steven

Richt
11-24-2002, 04:58 AM
The car is really in neeed of a clay, i might either use megs medallion paint cleaner to strip it, which i would rather not, i was thinking two coats of supersin, one to cut through the old layer of wax, another to make sure it really takes and get a good coverage? Autoglym has always had a bit of bite in it in my opinion, shouldnt think it will have any probs bonding?

Out of intrest i have a big tub of autoglym exibition polish paste you ever tried this?

Richt
11-24-2002, 10:52 AM
Well fopund a scratch on the passenger door earlier, so i paint clened and megs no 9 it, the door looked as deep and wet as the rest of the car which had a coat of megs hand polish and no 7 glaze over the top. I polished the scratched door wih super resin, , topped with blitz and the p21s ther was no difference. Next weekend i will p`int clen the whole car, apply megs no 9 to remove a few light scratches and start to layer the autoglym.

Will Autoglym super resin be ok to apply on top of Meguiars no 9 2.0 Swirl remover?

shaf
11-24-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RichPug306xsi

Will Autoglym super resin be ok to apply on top of Meguiars no 9 2.0 Swirl remover? Yep. Because SRP has cleaners in it, anything it doesn`t like from the #9 should be removed.

If the scratch (or scratches) are not coming out with what you tried, you probably have to use something stronger, like a scratch remover product or fine rubbing compound. I have found swirl remover to be too gentle for scratch repair.

Lowejackson
11-24-2002, 03:04 PM
exibition polish paste

No I have no knowledge of it, where did you get it from and have you tried it yet?

I have just applied some Super Resin today, it is the first time I have used it since the spring. I had forgotton how good this product is. I applied some Blitz on top and the shine was great.

Steven

Richt
11-25-2002, 03:40 AM
Its my second tub, from halfords, first tub from demon tweeks its good. But harder work than super resin.

I forgot how good autiglym was to!