PDA

View Full Version : Body shop needed in Kansas City

Flying Spur
11-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Tagged a deer this morning in my jeep. I am very anal about the finish of my vehicle (all zaino...ect...). The jeep only got the hood and grill.....but I don`t want a messed up new hood / paint.

Can anybody recommend a fantastic (read anal) painter in the KC area?

Someone that will be able to paint without swirling the crap out of everything. Maybe more of an "artist" than a painter...

Been lurking for a while, hopefully someone can recommend a great body shop here.

Thanks.

chris0626
11-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Sorry for your loss. :( Check your PMs -- a referral that might help.

msmcdon
11-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by EZ1PUTT

Tagged a deer this morning in my jeep. I am very anal about the finish of my vehicle (all zaino...ect...). The jeep only got the hood and grill.....but I don`t want a messed up new hood / paint.

Can anybody recommend a fantastic (read anal) painter in the KC area?

Someone that will be able to paint without swirling the crap out of everything. Maybe more of an "artist" than a painter...

Been lurking for a while, hopefully someone can recommend a great body shop here.

Thanks.

Hey there EZ1PUTT...

Sorry to hear about that Jeep.... the deer around here are dangerous! This place came very highly recommended but I don`t have any personal experience with them. We were taking our Camry to them last year when we got in a minor head-on collision around 41st and Main.

The place that was recommended was CarStar in the Riverside area. I really thought they were professional when they dealt with us. However, we never got the chance to see their work because the car was considered totalled. Read the thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4102

Within that thread, you can see that a fellow directed me to this site. It may help you find a quality repair shop. It`s how I found the CarStar in Riverside:

http://209.103.220.181/gold_class/FMPro?-db=goldclass.fp5&-lay=Gold%20Class&-format=search_public.htm&-view

Good luck!

** Edited to add **

Well, I just used the I-Car search myself and the Riverside CarStar that was there a year ago (and whom we dealt with) is not longer listed as a Gold Class repair shop?? :rolleyes: Sorry to be of little help to you, but keep us Kansas Citians in the loop when you choose. I`m curious to find out if the place you choose will be good or not...

Best of luck...

Flying Spur
11-22-2002, 01:51 PM
I think I`m going with Eveland Brothers in Overland Park. www.evelandbros.com

They are off I35 and 72nd. They do all the work for Baron and Aristocrat. They had several vehicles outside yesterday that looked very good (MB / BMW...ect). The only complaint was that it was overcast outside so I couldn`t check for swirls. They are I-car gold class and whatnot....hope it goes well.

I`ll post my results, but I`m hoping for the best as I`m very anal about my finish (as most here are!)

Thank you for your response

JayJayPG
11-23-2002, 06:23 PM
You might check Weavers Auto Body at Johnson Drive and I-35. They are a GREAT body shop. The only negative is that they are usually very busy so it might take awhile to get it fixed. D& L Autobody is also a great body shop. They are located right behind Aristocrat.

Eveland Bros is good also, but they charge a fortune. I heard a horror story about how a worker there backed a huge truck into a customers brand new Porsche after it had just been fixed!