PDA

View Full Version : Prestone Wiper Blade Restorer?

shaf
11-21-2002, 01:56 AM
Has anyone ever used this and can comment on it? I was just wondering if it did anything to reduce chatter and helps keep wiper blades cleaner without causing streaking.

Vegas1
11-21-2002, 05:22 AM
I`ve never tried the Prestone product, but I`ve had good results in the past with the 303 Wiper Blade Treatment.

Mmmph
11-21-2002, 07:13 AM
I use SIG on the blade. Works great. Combine that

with P21S Wash Booster in the reservoir, and...Wow.

Never seen better.

drewski59
11-21-2002, 04:52 PM
I love the Prestone WB Restorer!:bounce

It does really work, and you can see the proof after you see all of the black stuff you`ll wipe off.:p

It does stop chatter and really helps if your wipers are streaking. It`s really an invaluable product, if you ask me! And, it`s more readily available(Wally World) than the other products.:xyxthumbs

:wavey

shaf
11-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Hmm, cool. I guess I`ll have to try some then! Thanks people. :xyxthumbs

spotter
11-21-2002, 05:28 PM
I use 303 for my wipers. This stuff is great for so many things that are rubber, vinyl or leather.

Riccar
11-21-2002, 05:36 PM
be careful. it does work as advertised, kept on using it but before i knew it, the wiper actually tore on one end. while it still looked good at wiping, before i knew it, the torn side scored the glass from the metal holder.

drewski59
11-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Jon S

be careful. it does work as advertised, kept on using it but before i knew it, the wiper actually tore on one end. while it still looked good at wiping, before i knew it, the torn side scored the glass from the metal holder.

Hmmm....I haven`t had any problems with it so far.:nixweiss

Maybe it`s a bad blade?!?! I had some problems with ANCO wiper blades, but since I switched to the more expensive LEXOR blades, I`ve had zero problems!:xyxthumbs

:wavey

C. Charles Hahn
11-21-2002, 08:10 PM
I`d question it, personally.... :nixweiss

G Money
11-22-2002, 03:57 PM
I`ve used the Prestone cleaner and it will extend the life of your wiper blades.

I believe it`s just isopropyl alcohol and perhaps is cheaper if purchased as such.

shaf
11-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Home run Hero

I believe it`s just isopropyl alcohol and perhaps is cheaper if purchased as such. On the back it says propylene glycol. Sorta close, but not the same. It also says to apply 2 coats and suggests a curing time of 24 hrs for best effect. I guess it actually does coat it with something...

Unfortunately (??) it`s stopped raining for now, so it`ll be a while before I can say if I like this stuff or not.

G Money
11-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the correction.

I posted from work and didn`t have my `lil bottle with me.

Lowejackson
11-25-2002, 01:30 PM
I use Autoglym glass polish on my blades as well as the glass, it keeps them clean and smear free plus you get a very clean windshield.

Steven

bbquer
11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Be careful that you are not drying out the wiper blades when cleaning them.. don`t use glass cleaners or anything like that..

I`ve bought numerous wiper blades in the last year.. and i find that there is always some amount of Graphite powder/? on them..

i think this is what makes the wiper smooth when moving acorss the glass.. I removed that graphite powder on a new set of wipers and them skipped alot.. so i never cleaned the wipers unless absolutely nesscessary..

i also have the prestone wiper restorer.. works ok i guess..taking into consideration that i change my wipers once a year.

aljo
11-26-2002, 10:21 PM
I think the best windshield/wiper maint. is keeping your glass clean, and changing your blade every year or whenever it starts to perform poorly.