PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Wet/Dry Blower Vac

dshaw
11-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Ridgid WD1665 Wet/Dry Blower Vac from Home Depot on sale for $150CDN. I`m very, very impressed with this vacuum!

Specs:

Size - 16 Gallons

Power - 6.5Hp

Ridgid Website - WD1665 (http://www.ridgidwoodworking.com/products_wd1665.phtml)

Power! Power! This thing is very powerful! I`ve used it to vacuum a variety of things now. In the car the suction is enough to lift the carpet up off the sheet metal. On the seats the foam material bends from the suction generated. I`d never seen this before with other vacuums. I used it in the bathroom as a regular vacuum and it started to lift the vinyl floor off the floor! :shocked So be careful how you use this thing!

The blower function is very powerful as well and makes drying the car a breeze (no pun intended :) ). It works well on leaves and grass too! It swaps easily between vac and blow functions. Just pop the top off and it’s a blower!

Improvements. The "car" attachment is great for the carpet and seats, but there is no brush attachment which I like. One can be purchased separately. The hose is also a little short. It`s fine for my hatchback, but I imagine it`d be a pain if I owned a big SUV or truck. I`d also like a longer power cord. Also, this thing is huge! I wish they made one with the same power but smaller. I don`t a 16 gallon drum!

Overall, I`m very impressed with this vacuum and would recommend it to anyone looking for a big, powerful, wet/dry/blow vac!

spin

porterdog
11-21-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by spincycle

The blower function is very powerful as well and makes drying the car a breeze (no pun intended :) ).

Cool, sounds like a good unit! One needs to use care when using a setup like this for blow-drying a car though- if you use the same hose as you do to vacuum, any dust retained in the hose may then be propelled at 150mph right into your freshly cleaned surface :eek:

Wanna come over and blow out my gutters? ;)

Robert