PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Burn In Cloth Seats..

thegeek
11-18-2002, 09:59 AM
I searched already and only found a thread on leather seats and cleaning out smell. Someone previously before I owned the car must have dropped a cigarette or something on the seat and theres a little hole. Anybody know anyway this can be fixed? Thanks all...

qsfanzone
11-18-2002, 10:08 AM
You might try a search on the web for cloth seat repair. I know a body shop owner who has had burn holes fixed before so I will see if he will give me any information on what product he uses.

I think he said somthing about either 3M or Scotch products one time but I can`t remember. Try a web search on either of those brands for automotive products.

thegeek
11-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Thanks. Maybe I`ll look in the yellow pages. I kind of wanted to try it myself to save some money; but I`ll look into a shop doing it. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Detailing NY
11-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Yes the seat can be repaired.

They can cut out the cloth along the seem and add a new piece. Or they can recloth the entire seat. What ever you want to do, you do not have to buy a new seat.

DO you have a pic of the burn.

thegeek
11-19-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by NY detailer

Yes the seat can be repaired.

They can cut out the cloth along the seem and add a new piece. Or they can recloth the entire seat. What ever you want to do, you do not have to buy a new seat.

DO you have a pic of the burn.

So, going to a shop is the thing to do. I don`t have a pic but I`ll take one tonight and post it up later after that. What shops in the yellow pages would I look at to fix this?