PDA

View Full Version : MF Pad to apply Blitz Wax?

justinmj
11-18-2002, 02:38 AM
Howdy all,

I just bought a new 2003 VW Passat Wagon in Silverstone Grey (clearcoat). Can someone help me with two questions?

I have some Blitz Wax (yum!) and was wondering if I could use a Viper Micro Fiber pad to apply the wax, then buff off with a Koala towel. Does that seem cool? I don`t have any foam applicators, so I was wondering if the MF pad will do the same job.

Also, the car is brand new and the paint feels ultra smooth, so do you think that after a nice careful wash (I have the Meguiar`s Gold Class car wash and a chenille mitt), a coat of Blitz is ok to do without some other type of cleaner/polish applied beforehand? It just seemed to me that after a wash, I could go ahead and throw some Blitz Wax on there.

I really appreciate the help - thanks very much.

shaf
11-18-2002, 04:30 AM
Welcome to Autopia Justin! :wavey

I haven`t used Blitz, but I`m sure a MF applicator will work just fine. Give it a try and see how you like it. Foam applicators aren`t mandatory and not everyone likes them anyway.

Since your car is new and doesn`t sound like it needs claying, yes it`s perfectly fine to go right to a wax. Optionally, you can apply a glaze first if you want to give it that extra bit of glossiness.

justinmj
11-18-2002, 09:59 PM
4DSC,

Thanks for the tips. I went ahead and waxed the car today with the Viper MF applicator, and buffed with a Miracle Towel (MF). It worked FLAWLESSLY. The MF applicator puts the wax on very evenly.

And MAN, that Blitz wax is just A W E S O M E. Goes on easy, comes off easy, and the finish feels like ice and has lots of depth and liquidity. :D What a wonderful wax for such a low price! It`s like a tool you trust above all others in your toolbox.

Rowani
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Justin,

Welcome to the forum. I`m a fan of Blitz wax as well. Just two thoughts though: 1) Blitz can tend to attract dust and so a $20 investment in a California car duster may be worthwhile 2) as we`re entering the winter (tough to wash and wax) remember that about 50% of Carnuaba will be off after 1 month and most by 3 months. For that reason, most folks on this forum use a base coat of acrylic (Klasse, Blackfire or Zaino) which protects for up to 6 months. I like Klasse topped with either Blitz or S100. Good luck and post some pics!

Rick

justinmj
11-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Thanks, RBorge. I totally agree...Blitz is the bomb, but it`s a dust magnet. I have a California Car Duster and use it religiously to handle that very issue.

I may indeed try Blackfire or something like that for an undercoat to make it last a bit longer, though it only takes me 30 minutes for a whole Passat Wagon worth of Blitz Wax, and it never gets too cold here in the daytimes anyway (Los Angeles).

May I ask, which acrylic-type paint protector do you use? The Blackfire stuff seems to be getting great reports.

Thanks,

Justin

shaf
11-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Glad it worked out Justin. :xyxthumbs Blitz isn`t mentioned as much nowadays as it has been in the archives, but people really seemed to love it and considered it great bang for the buck.

One thing I remember reading about though, is Blitz`s tendency to stain black plastic/vinyl trim. I haven`t actually tried this, but one good tip I heard to prevent this was to give the trim a good coat of dressing (not worrying about getting some on the paint) before waxing.