PDA

View Full Version : Why Spray Bottles Break

Idrops
11-17-2002, 10:44 AM
I just don`t get it....Why do spray bottles break so fast with no apparent reason?

You could pick up a relatively new spray bottle of good or poor quality, makes no difference, and press the trigger to get nothing.

Has anyone ever tried to take the handle apart to fix or find out why they just magically stop working?

:nixweiss

samiam513
11-17-2002, 12:03 PM
i have no clue why, but i have been using ZEP bottles for a long time. not one has brroken. Go to Home Depot and look on the cleaning isle. These are big sturdy bottle, and the haven`t broken on my clock.

Redcar GUY
11-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by samiam513

i have no clue why, but i have been using ZEP bottles for a long time. not one has brroken. Go to Home Depot and look on the cleaning isle. These are big sturdy bottle, and the haven`t broken on my clock.

Ill 2nd that about the Zep ones, also the some of the Zep cleaners go a great job :)

imported_Intel486
11-17-2002, 10:49 PM
What are you keeping in the bottles?

Some chemicals will kill them. I know Pro-Sol will kill a bottle sprayer in 4-5 days. Premium Blue Dressing will kill a sprayer every few weeks.

My water-based stuff never kills the sprayers.

Nagchampa
11-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

What are you keeping in the bottles?

Some chemicals will kill them. I know Pro-Sol will kill a bottle sprayer in 4-5 days. Premium Blue Dressing will kill a sprayer every few weeks.

My water-based stuff never kills the sprayers. I never thought of that. I guess I should be shopping for more water-based products when I have the option.