PDA

View Full Version : Just got S100

Detailing NY
11-15-2002, 03:57 PM
It is now a must have in the world of detailing. This stuff is great. I picked it up today at a Harley Dealership for 14.95.

Came home and did my car.

This is a 2002 Diamante with Final Polish & topped with S100

Camera is old but you can see the wet look

Pearl White my new favorite color.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=548

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=547&papass=&sort=1&size=

Detailing NY
11-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Final polish is made by car polishes inc. I love the stuff as it has great results.

imported_capspackle
11-15-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 68GTO

Nice! :xyxthumbs :bow

What is Final Polish?

Does the S100 come in the same 6.2 oz size as the P21s?

Originlly posted by NY detailer

Final polish is made by car polishes inc. I love the stuff as it has great results.

Final polsih is an asbolutely amazing product.. Not too long ago, Brian was nice enough to send me some of this stuff.. I applied 1/2my car with Final Polish and the other 1/2 with Zaino.. Final Polish looked JUST as good (and even better once topped with #26) lasted just as loong, easier to use, and cheaper..

The stuff is incredible. If im not mistaking, it`s a sealant.. Good stuff.. a little goes a LOONG way..

I recommend everyone try this stuff..

Detailing NY
11-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by 68GTO

What has been your experience with longevity of the Final Polish? Does it bead or sheet? Do you layer it?

It last for a good amount of time. It all depends if you wash your car often or not. It does a little of both beads & sheets in the rain.

BumpersPlus2
11-16-2002, 07:30 AM
Who makes it?

CO585
11-16-2002, 09:35 AM
That Diamante cleans up nice! :up

houston_maserati_guy
11-16-2002, 09:38 AM
S100 Cycle Car products have been around for a while. Most if not all of the product line are made in Germany. It seems Harley sells just about the whole product line. See page 733 of the 2003 Harley Parts and Accessories catalog. The items there include: wheel cleaner, carnauba wax (which is discussed here), detail and wax aerosal,engine brightener aerosal, finish restorer, corrosion protectant, drying towl, shine enhancing cleanser (which they describe as "the perfect set-up for S-100 carnauba wax", a total cycle cleaner aerosal, and then a cycle care kit that includes five of above products for $50.

The stuff ain`t cheap. Almost every Harley dealer provides a 10% discount to HOG (Harley Owners Group) members year round. Some dealers also have one day specials for 10, 15, or 20% off. In general everything from Harley is overpriced. I speak from personel experience, ie `92 XLH and `97 FLHRI and numberous parts purchases.

Scottwax
11-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by dickpribyl

S100 Cycle Car products have been around for a while. Most if not all of the product line are made in Germany. It seems Harley sells just about the whole product line. See page 733 of the 2003 Harley Parts and Accessories catalog. The items there include: wheel cleaner, carnauba wax (which is discussed here), detail and wax aerosal,engine brightener aerosal, finish restorer, corrosion protectant, drying towl, shine enhancing cleanser (which they describe as "the perfect set-up for S-100 carnauba wax", a total cycle cleaner aerosal, and then a cycle care kit that includes five of above products for $50.

The stuff ain`t cheap. Almost every Harley dealer provides a 10% discount to HOG (Harley Owners Group) members year round. Some dealers also have one day specials for 10, 15, or 20% off. In general everything from Harley is overpriced. I speak from personel experience, ie `92 XLH and `97 FLHRI and numberous parts purchases.

Considering S100 is for all intents and purposes the same exact wax as P21S, S100 is $10 less than P21S, regardless if you buy it on line or at a Harley dealer.

Nagchampa
11-19-2002, 10:52 AM
I am so there!! Going to the local Hog Shop for some S100 which is funny because I told everyone that I wouldn`t be caught dead there.