PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the horror...the horror...

derrickm
11-15-2002, 11:48 AM
We have some guys here at my office building washing employee`s cars in the parking lot today. I`m looking out the window just shaking my head. So far, they`ve used the same bucket of soap water for two different cars, didn`t even empty the bucket.:shocked They are using shop rags to wash and dry with. Oh wait, the guy is pulling out a bottle of some kind of QD, and using a shop rag to buff it off with. Incredible... He`s using both hands with what appears to be a lot of pressure to do this, he`s on his tip-toes, pushing down with both hands (in circles of course)...wow. This is a fairly new dark green Honda Accord he is destroying also...:up

You too can have your car cleaned by these "pro`s" for the low price of $25 a car!!!:bounce

Zealot
11-15-2002, 12:00 PM
I washed 3 SUV`s at my neighbor`s office - a new Explorer, a King Ranch, and a Sport Trac. He told me that the previous guy took 20min per vehicle to wash, vacuum, and do the windows. He saw him using the same towels over and over and by the time he got to the 3rd vehicle it was a horror show indeed. The guy charged like $20 each. I`m charging him $35 each, and he said he sees a drastic improvement in the trucks. It`s amazing what`s going on out there:scared

derrickm
11-15-2002, 12:02 PM
I could go on and on about what these guys are doing, but I had to give this one more update.

One of the guys is sitting in the front seat cleaning the interior windows, AND HE`S SMOKING A DAMN CIGARETTE!!!! Can you believe that!!

Oh I wish I had my video camera with me....you guys would love to see this stuff going on.

imported_killerjg
11-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Saw a great one myself, similar set up. Gentleman dropped his wash rag picked it up and continued on. Oh man!

Jngrbrdman
11-15-2002, 11:25 PM
I watched them do that outside my office once. I watched in horror as they used the same towel to dry the windows, the car, and the inside of the door jambs. They also used it to dry the wheels. That was when I had to bang on the glass and plead with them to stop. I don`t know if they heard me from the third floor window, but I had to stop watching. Terrible. They give mobile detailers a bad name.