PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Mother`s?

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
11-15-2002, 10:53 AM
It puzzles me why more reference is not made to Mother`s products. This seem to be a company that deserves more recognition on Autopia, (IMO).

Good selection of cleaners, polishes, QD, scratch removers, systems, carnauba, one steps, trim, chrome, what more is needed? Plus it is available almost anywhere.

Top that off with customer service such as provided by Forrest, and it sure seems like a winner to me.

Just curious.

Charles

Riccar
11-15-2002, 11:32 AM
As a mass market product, Mother`s is actually not bad. To me it is superior to anything Turtle Wax has out and is equal or better than Meguiar`s equivalents. They don`t have much of a broad product line such as Meguiar`s does. Their three step product is just as good as Meguiars.

It`s just that there are products superior to both. To me S100/P21s is a far superior wax. Zaino also is a superior product. and this forum is to help us find the perfect product for each job we do.

hondaguy2582
11-15-2002, 12:02 PM
yeah, but i believe they deserve a spot on here bc they do make great products, and their waxes are just as good if not better than meguiars.

2wheelsx2
11-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Mother`s does not really make a swirl remover, but I like the pre-wax cleaner and the sealer & glaze, better than the Meguiar`s equivalents. But #26 is superior in shine and durability to Mother`s carnauba.

If I was sticking to a straight 3 step, I would not hesitant to recommend Mother`s. Easy to use, and widely available.

imported_Dude
11-15-2002, 12:45 PM
I agree. Mother`s is the perfect line of products to recommend to friends who need a line of products that can be found in stores. All of their products are excellent.

imported_memnuts
11-15-2002, 12:54 PM
I believe most Autopians have moved beyond the Mother`s type car products. There is nothing wrong with their line and they manufacture fine products. Nevertheless,they just do not meet the levels in which most of us have reached. We are a very small segment of the automotive market and the masses probably would not pay the price for an elite product line. It would not be worth it for a large company like Mothers to support this minority ( Autopians).:nixweiss

Steve @ Guru
11-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Mothers makes many excellent products that I think we all sort of `browse past` - their clay bars are top notch, their QD is top notch, their wheel and aluminium polishes are second to none and their wax products are also very good.

I personally have a large stash of Mothers products, and don`t hesistate to recommend them to anyone - it`s just that most of our discussion here focusses on the the .1% of the products that are targetted at our niche group.

Bobby G
11-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Hey, I`ve loaded most of their products in the Review system. If you want to comment on Mothers products, go write a review.

:D

hondaguy2582
11-15-2002, 02:28 PM
thanks david!!!!!!!!!!!

shaf
11-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Same here. I like many of their products and they actually make up a significant number of the products in my bag. So far I`ve been pleased with everything of theirs I`ve used. :up

Their Glaze doesn`t get enough attention IMO. Try a search for it here. Most folks that have used it like it. Best thing is, it`s bodyshop safe and easy to get cheaply.

Both their California Gold cleaner wax and pure carnauba waxes performed well and looked good in Steve`s Waxtest too.

I`m also very suprised a search for Mothers leather cleaner and conditioner (which smells nice for a change) came up with ZERO hits here.... Once I run out of EO I plan to buy some of this stuff.

imported_Intel486
11-15-2002, 06:05 PM
I like some of Mothers products and people on here use them.

Their clay bar is awesome. One of the better ones I`ve used.

Their cleaner wax is also great. Goes on easily and comes off easily and gives a nice, deep shine.

Their Instant Shine produces one of the slickets and shinest surfaces I`ve seen out of any quick detailer. You have to learn how to use it though to not get streaks. One you do though you`ll love it. Wonder if I can get it in gallon jugs?

YoSteve
11-15-2002, 06:16 PM
They have good clay and that Lanka type product.

If I had to choose in the best of "over the counter" products, I`d say 3M slightly before Mothers.

CharlesW
11-15-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by YoSteve

If I had to choose in the best of "over the counter" products, I`d say 3M slightly before Mothers.

But they don`t have Forrest. :)

Charles:xyxthumbs

NattyBumppo
11-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Love their Mag polish. Not only does it work great on aluminum mags and stainless exhaust tips but it actually is a great glass polish too.

I think Mother`s products are among the best widely available products you can get. The fact that they don`t have as large a product selection is actually a plus in my book. Meg`s product brochure can get you dizzy.

jmdlat
11-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Mothers makes the best claybar system, window cleaner and aluminum & Mag wheel polish as far as I know which I use all the time.

As far as their waxes and polishes go. They will protect and shine no problem, but as I have noticed and I think other`s will agree upon is the depth is not as good as other products on the market. Remember, this is a hard core detailing forum. Average just won`t do!