PDA

View Full Version : Satin finish tire gel?

imported_detaildude
11-15-2002, 08:06 AM
I have refrained from using any of the new tire gels because I don`t like a high gloss finish on my tires. I currently use a terri pad to apply Low Gloss Armor All, but it doesn`t last very long, as you may guess.

What is a good satin finish, low gloss tire gel?

imported_89LXi
11-15-2002, 10:23 AM
Try Poorboy`s Natural Look (http://www.poorboysworld.com/cleaners_dressings.htm). Leaves a nice satin finish and is very easy to use.

Green Monster
11-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Try 303 (http://www.properautocare.com/303-16.html) Aerospace Protectant. I love the stuff, it leaves a nice matte finish and also last for a while.

303 two :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Lemonxxs
11-15-2002, 12:01 PM
For satin look or the new tire look try 303, Zaino Tire dressing, Meguirs trim shine, Eagle one vinyl rubber protectant....

they are all pretty similar in that they are water based dressings.....

Remember apply a coat let it sit....optionally apply another for more shine ....then buff with clean towel to set resins and prevent drips and sling...

HTH

imported_BretFraz
11-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Matte look - 303 Aerospace Protectant

Satin look - Eagle One Interior/Exterior Protectant (KMart)

Glossy look - Vinylex, Pinnacle, Zaino

Disco Shine - Fuggedaboutit

rstype
11-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mdx

What is a good satin finish, low gloss tire gel?

Have you considered cleaning your tires? Ever since I`ve had my Yokohamas, I cleaned them thoroughly during every car wash. They still have a nice, matte finish and it is free of the typical tire-gel grease. Try a product like Eagle One Tire Cleaner and scrub with a stiff brush...

I love how my hands stay clean even after rubbing on them... :p

Lowejackson
11-16-2002, 08:38 AM
I agree 100% with BW, wash scrub and dry.

Steven

Rowani
11-16-2002, 10:40 AM
I like the look of Vinylex. If you buff it off, the finish is pretty flat. If you leave it on, its fairly glossy. It also adds UV protection to decrease fading. My only complaint is that after one rain storm, its totally gone.

Rick

Pats300zx
11-16-2002, 01:35 PM
I like Eagle One Tire Shine ...kinda glossy but looks good...:up