PDA

View Full Version : Using Maguires High Endurance Tire on Trim

George M.
11-14-2002, 09:39 PM
I just used Maguires High Endurance Tire Gel on the mudflaps.. Window Trim, and the top of the bedliner. Also the backs of my side mirrors(black plastic).. it really deepens the black. It looks great.

Any of u used this product? If so, will it leave a residue on my plastic products?:wavey

thevolvoguy
11-14-2002, 09:49 PM
I use it... on tires because thats what it is made for. When you put it on trim, it looks great but there are a few drawbacks.

1) It runs off everywhere when it rains, you get trails of it down your paint, and it streaks the trim when it runs off, which can lead to staining if not taken care of quickly.

2) dust, dust, and more dust.... I applied it to all the trim on my 850 once and walked back to where I started and it was already covered in dust.

But, whatever floats your boat. :bounce

thevolvoguy
11-14-2002, 09:52 PM
I forgot to add... Meguiars makes a trim detailer that works better, and Mothers makes a product called "Back 2 Black" that I like even more. :xyxthumbs

C. Charles Hahn
11-14-2002, 09:57 PM
yes you shouldnt be using MEGUIARS "ENDURANCE TIRE DRESSING" on trim...... use some #40 or other dressings designed for it..... tire dressing should be used for tires only.

George M.
11-14-2002, 09:59 PM
i took this out in one of our seattle rain storms. and it didnt seem to run. but i will watch for that. And i dont have the money for trim until i get a job. (im only 16) so until then, i will be using what i can. I got alot of stares today. which felt awesome. when people look at ur rig and nodd. lol

shaf
11-14-2002, 10:53 PM
I was beginning to wonder about this too because I just read that TW Tire Wax can be used on trim as well (according to them). Don`t know about other tire dressings though...