PDA

View Full Version : Have some questions... the process

Orange4jon
11-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Currently using Zaino products on all my vehicles. I am running low on Z and am looking to do something different on my dark blue Porsche (see avatar for color). I will probably use the remaining Z products on my white Expedition and the GF`s silver Beetle (daily drivers).

I am getting ready to place an order with CMA so any and all input is appreciated.

Here is my proposed process...

1) Wash with Z7 (any other suggestions here?)

2) Clay (Pinnacle Poly Clay)

3) 3M SMR (via PC for light swirls and scratches)

4) Klasse AIO (via PC)

5) Soveran wax (hand apply for paste, or should I use the liquid with PC?)

Do I need another wash after the SMR, or will the AIO remove any residuals and allow for a clean bond?

I have never used a PC before, but I keep hearing good things. Beside with three cars to keep up my time is limited. Looking to get away from the Zaino on the Porsche as I would prefer a deep wet look as opposed to a shine, seems that Z is preferred for lighter colors (not trying to start a war).

Thanks for the input. :xyxthumbs

imported_Intel486
11-14-2002, 05:55 PM
It is your choice to wash again after the SMR. I never washed after using MEguiar`s #9 when I applied Klasse AIO. AIO seems to have enough cleaning action to take care of the oils. SMR does seem to have a lot of fillers in it though.

If you have Souveran Paste, then apply it by hand. Liquid is your choice, Orbital Buffer or By hand. I apply all my waxes except paste with an Orbital Buffer (DeWalt DW443). It works great!

You can try another sealant besides Zaino.

Klasse Sealant Glaze gives a nice deep shine. Profection also gives a great shine and it is easy to apply and buff off.

matty north
11-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by mp996

SNIPPED

Looking to get away from the Zaino on the Porsche as I would prefer a deep wet look as opposed to a shine, seems that Z is preferred for lighter colors (not trying to start a war).

Thanks for the input. :xyxthumbs [/B]

I have a red metallic car and had many very nice layers of Zaino on it. As you said, it is shiny but not deep.

Last weekend I tried CMA`s new formula of Blackfire sealant which is designed for durability but to mimic the look of a carnauba wax.

When I first applied it I was not sure how much a liked it. I am still deciding whether I like this look or the shiny Zaino look better. I can say though, after one wash (yesterday), the Blackfire looks much better than it did right after applying it. It`s much shinier now but still has that very deep, "dive right into the pool" look. I am liking it more now.

As for the true durability of the new Blackfire, the jury is still out. It`s somewhat moot for me anyway as I could never go five or six months without adding a new layer of Zaino or any other sealant. The Blackfire will be no exception, but I am going to try to resist just to see how it ages. My priority is to have the car look consistently great. I don`t want something that goes downhill over a period of a month or two, is reapplied and looks great again.

That`s why I think I will stick to sealants for the time being. Also, I think I getting better protection for the elements with a sealant, especially protection from the unrelenting Florida sun.