PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Tech MF Towels

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Three types of MicrofiberTech MF towels arrived yesterday. The Elite MF(16x16), the Ultra MF (16x16) and a Waffle-Weave towel (24x16) . They are very nice. Individually packaged and top quality in terms of weave appearance,plushness, color consistancy and seam workmanship. The Elite is tagless. I used the Elite last night to buff some P21S (Aurora 4.0 I broke down and topped the Blackfire 2 with P21S :) ). What a fantastic towel. Very plush, soft, lint-free and high capacity. It worked great. One 16x16 MF did the whole car. I used the lesser plush side (still very plush in comparison with locally available MF`s (Nicsand)) to initially remove wax. I used the plusher side to final wipe. At no point did I feel the paint finish was in danger of towel induced micro-marring. Now I see why everyone is so gang-ho about high quality MF`s. :xyxthumbs. Now I believe I am addicted to the MF experience. I have always been nervous about buying towels, MF`s or 100% cotton, via mail order because I like to do a "feel" test prior to purchase and the variable history of MF`s and their quality. These MF towels I received from Microfiber Tech are high quality and would not hesitate to re-order. I am from the "old school"( 100% white cotton towels) and it is sometimes very difficult to teach a old dog new tricks( hi quality MF`s). I would like to thanks everyone here at Autopia who have written about the virtues of MF`s constantly.I now understand your excitement about these products. Those threads lead me to try a online source ( Microfiber Tech) with very successful results.Thanks Steve for shipping so promptly. Can`t wait to try the Waffle-Weave towel. They just lifted the statewide water restrictions here in Virginia. :xyxthumbs Has anyone else used the MicrofiberTech towels?:wavey

Check it out: www.microfibertech.com

Now what do I do with all my expensive 100% cotton USA towels?:nixweiss

rolle4
11-13-2002, 09:47 AM
I recently purchased quite a few MF towels from Microfiber Tech and would have to agree the quality is excellent and on a par with MF`s I`ve purchased from other quality online sources. (Pakshak and Yosteve*). Service was prompt and complete. I have used both the 16X16`s as well as the large waffle weave and the results were great. :xyxthumbs

Bill

* slight edge to the Yosteve towels...they are by far the plushest

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi Bill,

The reason I choose MicrofiberTech was because of the fiber count/ sq inch (221,000 fibers per square inch) for their Elite MF. This is an unverifiable claim but aided in my decision. What is Yosteve`s density count? This may be overkill for car detailing but for the small difference in price an increase margin of safety is well worth it IMO.:nixweiss

rolle4
11-13-2002, 10:46 AM
I`m not sure what the density count is on the Yosteve towels, my visual impression as well as the all important "feel" test subjectively give them a slight edge. I may be a bit biased since I`ve used them longer and with excellent success both with Zaino products on my own cars as well as a variety of carnauba products on others vehicles.

Bill

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by brokerbh

I`m not sure what the density count is on the Yosteve towels, my visual impression as well as the all important "feel" test subjectively give them a slight edge. I may be a bit biased since I`ve used them longer and with excellent success both with Zaino products on my own cars as well as a variety of carnauba products on others vehicles.

Bill

I understand. The numbers are important but the "feel" test is the final exam for plushness.:bow

All I know now is that my 100% cotton towels, which I have always sworn by, feel very rough compared to the MicrofiberTech MF`s. Consider me another MF convert.:xyxthumbs

NattyBumppo
11-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

All I know now is that my 100% cotton towels, which I have always sworn by, feel very rough compared to the MicrofiberTech MF`s. Consider me another MF convert.:xyxthumbs

This is my impression also. Even the best cotton towels I have don`t "feel" as soft as quality MF.....especially after a few washings.

Care to give us your opinion on the difference between the Elite and Ultra? Softness, plushness, etc?

imported_Intermezzo
11-13-2002, 11:37 AM

I used to have some very very soft "White-Tag" Charisma selects, which I thought were surprisingly soft, even softer than my green Vipers,...but they still were not as soft as a good quality 70/30 MF.

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

I used to have some very very soft "White-Tag" Charisma selects, which I thought were surprisingly soft, even softer than my green Vipers,...but they still were not as soft as a good quality 70/30 MF.

I am sooo hard-headed sometimes. I resisted using the "new best thing for cars" MF`s because I thought it was just hype.:doh

It`s True, It`s True!!(Blazing Saddles).;) High quality MF`s are that good.:bow

Zealot
11-13-2002, 12:52 PM

I am sooo hard-headed sometimes. I resisted using the "new best thing for cars" MF`s because I thought it was just hype.:doh

It`s True, It`s True!!(Blazing Saddles).;) High quality MF`s are that good.:bow

Man, you guys are gonna have to stop this. Of course you know that I`m gonna have to order a few of these towels now, don`t you? :D

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DP-Jedi

Man, you guys are gonna have to stop this. Of course you know that I`m gonna have to order a few of these towels now, don`t you? :D

LOL. Your Black Escape XLT will love you for it. :bounce

imported_memnuts
11-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Care to give us your opinion on the difference between the Elite and Ultra? Softness, plushness, etc?

NattyBumppo ,

There is a definite difference in plushness and fiber loop (hook)length. The Ultra are just as soft and well constructed as the Elite but not as heavy. The fibers are still very dense and soft. This towel appears also to be a very good wax removal and QD MF. They are definitely plusher than the Wally World labelled Nicsand that I have been using for interior wiping. The 16x16 size folded into quarters seems perfect for my applications. I plan to use the Elite for wax/sealant removal and the Ultra for QD`ing and glass care.:xyxthumbs

White968
11-13-2002, 03:35 PM
I used my MicrofiberTech towels for the first time this weekend. I have a bunch of ultra and a few elite and a big waffle weave. All were of great quality. The elites are very plush and I could use them for a wash cloth in my bathroom if I wanted to waste them on my face rather then my car. :) The ultra is nice and soft too but hte elites are definitely a step up. The waffle weave worked great for drying the cars I washed this weekend. I tsucked up a ton of water and left my little MFs nice a nd dry for the rest of the detailing.

Glen
11-13-2002, 04:02 PM
I just ordered some towels from MF Tech and let me just say that their customer service is AMAZING!! I dealt with Ian, who I believe is one of the head guys around there and he was was just an awesome salesman.:bow Very friendly and easy to deal with. I can`t say anything for their towels yet because I just ordered them, but I have heard they top every other towel out there. I`m just so impressed with the customer service that I will be going back for more later!!:D

PakShak
11-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I have never tried microfiber tech mf towels but they look good and from the comments it looks like a winner.

With Aloha,

~Ranney

White968
11-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 68GTO

Did you have problem with using a huge bath size towel like that for drying? Seems to me you would have to fold it over and over to be practical for drying...

Actually having small cars help. I used it on my Porsche 968 Cab and my Honda S2000. Layed it wide open on the hoods,fenders and trunks and just let it soak the stuff up.