PDA

View Full Version : S-100 motorcycle wax and Pigsnot?

silk27106
11-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Fellas,

I used the search feature and found all this positive feedback on S-100 so I went to my local Harley Davidson dealer and checked it out. It`s a very small jar of white hard paste wax. There was really no smell to the S-100 as I did open it. The guy who works there told me "we sell a lot of that stuff(S-100)". I also saw some new wax called "Pigsnot" in a small sliver aluminum bottle. They have a website at www.pigsnot.com and the sales guy said they(pigsnot) sell like "hotcakes". I opened up a bottle and tried it on a peice of chrome and it does the job. It smells pretty good too. The S-100 goes for $15.00 bux and the Pigsnot about the same-not cheap!

So what`s the deal with this S-100 and Pigsnot?

My questions are........

-- I own a Suzuki GSXR sportbike motorcycle and I`m looking for a wax or polymer to use on my bike. My bike has colored plastic fairings with sticker decals on th side so I DON`T WANT ANYTHING ABRASIVE. I was thinking Zaino or Meg`s #7 then #26 or...... maybe the Honda Pro polish cleaner/protector-but I think this has Petroleum distillates....?

-- My Corbin leather seat.......Zaino leather cleaner/conditioner then 303?

-- My custom Arai helmet..... 303?

-- S-100 on my Camaro SS F-body? Or is zaino or Meg`s #7/#26 just as good?

-- Pigsnot...... what the hell is in it and is it recomended?

THANKS A MILLION!

silk27106
11-13-2002, 12:36 AM
TTT

VetteToVair
11-13-2002, 01:14 AM
i have never heard of pigsnot, but the name alone makes me kinda skeptical. as for petroleum distillates, it might be hard to avoid these because they are in many products. i think you`ll be happy with the s100 on your bike and your camaro. i am more impressed by s100 than #7/#26. as for leather, i have heard good things about zaino, but i prefer lexol.

Pats300zx
11-13-2002, 09:25 AM
For leather I use both Lexol and Eagle One Leather Conditioner..I feel the EO makes the seats a little softer...

silk27106
11-13-2002, 09:53 AM
I would like to see responses from the "in the know" guys.

Thanks.......

imported_BretFraz
11-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Many of us have used S100 with excellent results. It`s a product you can count on being good for whatever you use it on. Certainly several steps above Meg`s #26. You can use Meg`s #7 before S100 if you want to.

Some people have Tried Pig Snot. I think NYDetailer has it or has tried it. I can`t say how good it is but it`s clear to me that Pig Snot is a terrific marketing ploy. Prolly not better or worse than anything else in its price range. If it piques your interest, buy it.

If you`re currently use Zaino, why not stick with it? It will work on all the applications you mentioned. Only comment I have is don`t use a slippery dressing on the bike seat, for obvious reasons. :doh

Most guys I know use a normal wax or sealant on their helmets. Try some Plexus on the visor. It`s a great product.

porterdog
11-14-2002, 08:17 AM
... Klasse with S100 over the top. Bugs come off cleaner than from an untreated one :)

R

houston_maserati_guy
11-16-2002, 03:33 PM
pigsnot has been around for a number of years....as they might guess from the name, it is marketed toward the Harley crowd. Can`t provide any perf feedback as although a Harley guy, I`ve generally avoided cleaning/wax type products that are strictly marketed toward motorcycles, as there should not be any need to go the m/c product vice automotive product for steel paint surfaces. Your discussion on S100 got you interested, and I just swung by local HD dealer to buy a couple jars of the wax product.

Poorboy
11-16-2002, 04:56 PM
Ray , send me an e-mail and I`ll send you a sample of something that will blow your mind:D Have seen the stuff in question can`t really give a first hand review but have heard mixed reviews from bikers themselves.

steve