PDA

View Full Version : swirl fest

mikemess
11-12-2002, 07:16 PM
I heard on the radio today that a mercedes dealer in chicago was doing free car washes on any mercedes on sat. I can only imagine the carnage.

imported_BretFraz
11-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Prolly running them thru their tunnel wash. Lots of dealers have them. A local Lexus store has one with those horrific plastic bristles. I watched several LS430`s go thru that thing. Almost tossed my cookies....:shocked

mskent1
11-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Be that as it may, I finally moved some Meg`s Swirl Remover 2.0 across my Porsche today, what a difference! I`ve been going into convulsions trying to figure out how to get rid of those nasty little scratches that seem to envelop the car.

Anyone know how long it can sit before waxing and not loose the effect? I`m hoping the SR 2.0 actually eliminated the little scratches vice filling them in, although I suspect it may be a little of both.

wilbanks
11-13-2002, 06:25 PM
The dealer is MotorWerks in Barrington, IL. I got my car washed there a couple of years ago. The wash was OK, but the line must have been a quarter mile long. It took all afternoon. You would think that if someone could afford a Mercedes they could afford $10 for a car wash.