PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Spot Under Clearcoat

phduray
11-12-2002, 07:16 AM
I have a yellow spot about the size of a quarter under my clearcoat on my 2002 Ford Excursion. It is on the rear cargo doors. Ford will repaint both rear cargo doors for free, as they say this should not have happened. If it was you car would you have it fixed? My concern is the local bodyshop will not do as good of a job painting the car as Ford did from the factory. I am a little worried the white will not match and the clearcoat will not have the same shine. What are your thoughts?

BumpersPlus2
11-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Since it is on the rear doors, I would do it. White is easy to match, especially being so new, and being in the rear is better than a mid panel repair. My 2 cents. Jason

hondaguy2582
11-12-2002, 09:08 AM
yeah, go ahead and let them do it(you paid for it new, so why not keep it new?). If it was satin silver like mine, it be too hard to match. I had a problem bc when i first went to get the car, i saw it had a dent in it from the truck dropping it off. I shouldn`t of accepted it, but i had no other car and they promised to fix it for me(had it in writing). I got home, my neighbor told me there was no way in heck they could repaint that bc of the area on the top and it can`t be matched. So, took it back three days later. Day after, they end up finding me another one for 400 bucks less for the same car i paid for, and it was brand spanking new without any dings. To this day im glad i got lucky:D