PDA

View Full Version : Einszett?

Mass. Wine Guy
11-12-2002, 12:13 AM
I just heard of this other German wax, Einszett. Has anyone used their products? I used Klasse before last Winter and topped it with Maguiar`s No. 26. Good results. But now I`m trying to decide whether to get more Klasse, the new Blackfire, or possibly Einszett. Opinions?

Turbonator
11-12-2002, 07:36 AM
run a search for einszett, there`s been alot of discussion about it lately. i`ve probably been using it the longest on here(since april), and personally, i love it. i prefer it over zaino and blackfire. below is a link to a pic of my truck with einszett on it.

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=635770

Brad B
11-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I`ve been using it a while on a test car. Interesting stuff. Very thin, almost water-like applies easily, buffs off easily. No swirl hiding qualities. Fairly high gloss, pretty reflective. It does not layer. The jury is still out on durability of that gloss.

imported_Intermezzo
11-12-2002, 11:33 AM
I used it for about a month on the hood of my car and posted a review a while back, but it was lost during the forum outtage. All in all, I think the stuff is OK. I had to remove it after a month to do some water-spot repair on the hood of my car so I can`t tell you much about it`s durability, however, I will say that it does a fairly good job of retaining it`s "freshly-applied" properties.....probably a bit better than an untopped layer of KSG (although ultimately I would guess Klasse will outlast 1Z). I know drewski`s been using it a while with good results. As long as you can tolerate the strong chemical odor (which I couldn`t), the product is easy to use, leaves a carnauba-like shine, is trim-friendly & seems pretty durable.

imported_Dude
11-12-2002, 01:24 PM
It`s not bad. I am currently using it on three cars. I plan to remove it from one car, and switch back to Zaino, because that particular car is dark blue. Einszett cannot be layered and since dark blue is susceptible to swirls and scratches, I prefer to use a layerable wax on the dark car. I have no emperical evidence which suggests that Zaino will provide more protection than Einszett, but my gut instinct is that because Zaino is layerable, it will give me an extra measure of armor, so to speak.

I must say that Einszett is one of the best looking products that I have ever used. It is much deeper than Zaino, and is just about as reflective. It also seems quite durable. However, it is not as deep as a good carnuba. It looks especially good on my wife`s silver Mercedes. While silver cars don`t ordinarly benefit that much from depth- I have used Blitz on the Mercedes, and it didn`t do much for the finish- Einszett looks fantastic on it. The depth really helps the shine; I will be sticking with Einszett on this car for sure.

I also used it on my father-in-law`s beater, a 1991 Taurus. This car is never garaged and spends a good deal of time parked under a palm tree. It`s been three months now, and Einszett still looks great and beads nicely.

BTW, I also have the Einszett polishes, and they are really outstanding products. They are much better than the 3M polishes, IMO- Einszett breaks down much faster. The trade-off is that Einszett is less agressive, but that doesn`t bother me. I`d rather use a polish that is too mild than one that is too harsh. Also, if the polish that I am using does not get the job done, I can always use a more agressive one.

Red GTi VR6
11-13-2002, 06:02 PM
I`m interested in this not being able to layer it stuff? Where does this come from? I e-maild 1Z and asked them about this - of course they gave me the anticipated "why would you want to do anything else to our product" speach but after that they said that unlike klasse you can layer it with a caranauba without the side effects that you would get with klasse, so i`m a little lost as to where you guys are getting this from?:confused:

imported_Intermezzo
11-13-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Red GTi VR6

I e-maild 1Z and asked them about this - of course they gave me the inticipated "why would you want to do anything else to our product" speach

lOOKS lIKE yOU gOT yOUR aNSWER. (oops, sorry...I`m just little high from the 1Z solvent fumes). :bounce :bounce :bounce

Mindflux
11-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

lOOKS lIKE yOU gOT yOUR aNSWER. (oops, sorry...I`m just little high from the 1Z solvent fumes). :bounce :bounce :bounce

HAHA. I was waiting for a "high in chemical low in good product" comment like that ;)

Red GTi VR6
11-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Please do explain Mindflux - why you don`t think this product is very good? Just because they don`t put some other substance in there that makes it smell good?:confused:

imported_Dude
11-13-2002, 06:42 PM

I`m interested in this not being able to layer it stuff? Where does this come from? I e-maild 1Z and asked them about this - of course they gave me the inticipated "why would you want to do anything else to our product" speach but after that they said that unlike klasse you can layer it with a caranauba without the side effects that you would get with klasse, so i`m a little lost as to where you guys are getting this from?:confused:

You can top Einszett with a carnuba, but you cannot cover your paint with multiple coats of Einszett; as the solvents in new layer will strip off the layers underneath. You can layer Zaino and Klasse SG, however.

Red GTi VR6
11-13-2002, 06:55 PM
ok - that kind of layering, makes sense now, but i still don`t understand why some consider it a bad product, is there something i`m missing here?

imported_Intermezzo
11-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Red GTI,

No single product here is ever going to make everyone happy. Even our most popular products (P21S, Souveran, etc.) aren`t completely embraced by every single member here. I`d say that all in all, the reviews for Einszett are pretty positive. In this thread alone, 4 people gave their opinion about it and all 4 were positive. It really isn`t a bad product at all. If I HAD to name a fault, I would definitely point to its strong solvent content (just an opinion). But other than that, it`s a good product.

Red GTi VR6
11-13-2002, 07:14 PM
So in other words - the only thing causing Mindflux to call it a bad product is the smell . Interesting....:)

Mindflux
11-13-2002, 08:13 PM

So in other words - the only thing causing Mindflux to call it a bad product is the smell . Interesting....:)

Actually the smell wasn`t what I was commenting on at all. Shrugs.. I like my Zaino and it certainly doesn`t smell all that rosey except the Z6.