PDA

View Full Version : Cat paw prints on my car!

JPowers
11-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I park my car outside and there`s a muddy cat who puts paw prints and sleeps on my hood every day. If I move the car to another location, the little feline terrorist seeks my car out. I don`t know what to do! I`m not going to get a car cover because this would end up scratching, but is there a type of fabric that I can safely drape over just the hood? Or better yet, is it possible to hook up a mild electrical current somehow just to deter this thing? Thanks for any suggestions!

jcattarulla
11-11-2002, 01:03 PM
LOL! You want to shock the little kitty out of his boots? Get an alarm that will go off when it detects his weight on the hood. Or on the kinder side, stretch a microfibre towel (big blue) across the hood, and secure it to the wheel wells. That`ll protect the hood.

PS Maybe stop leaving a saucer of milk on the hood wasn`t such a good idea...

Cheers,

John:D

msmcdon
11-11-2002, 01:06 PM
That sucks.... my cat used to sleep on the hood of my Mustang every winter night because it was so warm after driving. (Yes, it was my daily driver in high school and college!)

I believe there is a liquid-based animal deterrent that comes in a spray bottle. Apparently the scent drives off animals. I bet (but not positive) you could find it at PetCo or similar. Spray it around your car when you park and see if it works.

And being a cat lover, please don`t shock the poor thing... it just loves your shiny car! good luck! :up

Glossequation
11-11-2002, 01:34 PM
varmint gun or dish of antifreeze in front of car.

imported_billyboy1955
11-11-2002, 01:45 PM
I have the same problem with my own cat. If I park the car nose in, the cat sleeps on the hood. If I back the car in he sleeps elseware. One piece of advice I will offer is; don`t scare the cat off the car. He will dig in with his nails creating deep scratches.

I have never disciplined my cat for being on my car but he instintively knows he is doing wrong. When ever I see him on the car he gently skulks off .

medic
11-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by HoneyGold65

I believe there is a liquid-based animal deterrent that comes in a spray bottle. Apparently the scent drives off animals. I bet (but not positive) you could find it at PetCo or similar. Spray it around your car when you park and see if it works.

Actually, I thought you`re supposed to spray this stuff on a cat post so the cat will scratch that instead of your furniture. I wouldn`t use it on a car if that`s the case otherwise get ready for a repaint.

Not sure, I don`t have a cat, but I`ve been reading up on the stuff since my GF bugs me constantly to get one of those little hairballs.

medic
11-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by HoneyGold65

Actually, I thought you`re supposed to spray this stuff on a cat post so the cat will scratch that instead of your furniture. I wouldn`t use it on a car if that`s the case otherwise get ready for a repaint.

Not sure, I don`t have a cat, but I`ve been reading up on the stuff since my GF bugs me constantly to get one of those little hairballs.

JPowers
11-11-2002, 09:20 PM
And being a cat lover, please don`t shock the poor thing...

LOL, I don`t want to electrocute it, just make the surface a little less comfy. ;)

varmint gun or dish of antifreeze in front of car. :D

Actually, I thought you`re supposed to spray this stuff on a cat post so the cat will scratch that instead of your furniture.

Great idea! I`ll just spray my neighbor`s POS car with liquid catnip! :xyxthumbs

No way would I waste a big blue towel. I don`t even own one yet for myself. He`ll build a permanent nest, then start kneading through the towel and into the paint! I think I`m going to start by turning the car around and see if that works. Why me? :nixweiss

jerry@robs
11-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Keep your hood open when you get home, don`t close it until the engine bay is cool, then the hood won`t be warm (or comfy enough) for it to sleep on...