PDA

View Full Version : New Blackfire-is BF polish needed?

AMP01
11-11-2002, 12:41 PM
I am about to order some of the new Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection and wanted to know if you guys think that the Blackfire Polish is needed as a first step before applying the new BF? I have Klasse AIO. Will the BF polish help the new BF produce better results?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cheers,

My BMW Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

hondaguy2582
11-11-2002, 01:04 PM
bf polish is more of a glaze if you read about what it does. It has fillers just like #7 and mothers sealer and glaze. i applied it over mothers sealer and glaze and it worked fine. Just make sure you use something to clean the surface first like claying or using a prewax cleaner(smr, #9, etc....)

mrdetailer
11-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by AMP99

I am about to order some of the new Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection and wanted to know if you guys think that the Blackfire Polish is needed as a first step before applying the new BF? I have Klasse AIO. Will the BF polish help the new BF produce better results?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Cheers,

My BMW Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Nope.

Here is a quote from Terry under the topic Blackfire evaluations.

"Hard to buff off...you’re probably using too much product. All Finish Paint Protection has a very high percentage of active ingredients. While the formula is expensive, a little goes a long way. A Nickel size amount really will cover an entire hood." (That`s WAAAY too much if put on all at once. Just put on small dabs at a time) "Our goal was to give a cost-per-application in the same range as less expensive products. Applying too much product does make it hard to buff off because it wants to bond with itself. Be sure and use a dry applicator. One of the polymers repels water, making the product resistant to detergents and acid rain. If you use a damp applicator or have some droplets of water on the surface, it can make buffing more difficult. "

"This product wants to stick to just about anything. You can use it directly on the paint or over any polish or one-step, cleaner/protectant like Klasse All-In-One. About the only thing it will not stick to is carnauba wax. "

Blackfire has always been able to go on top of Klasse AIO. This combination may be more durable. Just order the Blackfire Paint Protectant. It is so mild and looks so beautiful that BPP II is probably a permanent part of my arsenal.