PDA

View Full Version : BMW Autoshampoo...Any Comments?

old_gonzo
11-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I had stopped at the local BMW dealership this morning to pick up another tube of Gummi Phlege (LOVE that stuff:up ) and noticed that they had begun to stock some BMW detailing supplies that were not there before.

In addition to the Gummi Phlege, I picked up a 1000ml bottle of BMW Autoshampoo. I thought the price was reasonable at $7.25, and figured I`d give it a try.

If anyone has used this product, what have your experiences been with it? I`d like to try it on the Vette (which wears a substantial amount of Souveran paste) and am curious about it possibly removing all the wax I`ve spent hours applying.

It can serve duty on the daily driver if it`s a bit harsh on wax, but I`d like to hear what others have to say.:)

Dolphin463
11-11-2002, 12:39 PM
It wouldn`t surprise me if Meguiars is private labeling this product for BMW. I know that some of their other detailing products were the same as the meguiars professional line products with BMW labels. I haven`t used this shampoo but it is probably pretty good.

Lowejackson
11-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Or it could be Dr OK Wack (original P21S). Give it a try and report back. I wonder who makes Gummi Phlege for BMW

Steven

old_gonzo
11-11-2002, 03:07 PM
Man, what a kick in the head that was. Meguiar`s producing a BMW product...what a (sad) thought. Now that I am totally depressed for the remainder of the day (I am not a Meguiar`s fan) I will try it out on the daily driver first. As far as the manufacturing source for the Gummi Phlege, that`s a good question. I don`t have the tube in front of me to take a look at the label. It`s great stuff, so could it possibly be produced by Meguiar`s....nah.

Originally posted by Mike

It wouldn`t surprise me if Meguiars is private labeling this product for BMW. I know that some of their other detailing products were the same as the meguiars professional line products with BMW labels. I haven`t used this shampoo but it is probably pretty good.

old_gonzo
11-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Okay, curiosity got the best of me an I went to the garage and brought both products back to the computer. The Gummi Pflege tube reads: "Produced in Germany for BMW AG, Munich." The exact explanation of the word "for" leaves some question.

The bottle of Autoshampoo reads: "Made in Germany" which can also be interpreted in a few ways as well. Interesting....:nixweiss

HellrotCi
11-11-2002, 04:03 PM
According to Car Care Specialties, it’s made by the same company that makes Sonax Gloss Shampoo. I bought two bottles a year or so ago, one of which is still unopened. I didn’t like it because it seemed to strip the wax. It left the surface squeaky clean and my fingers would drag on the surface, unlike the way P21S shampoo leaves your surface feeling like it had been recently waxed. I use it on my wife`s car since it`s treated with Klasse without any toppers. I mean the stuff does clean well and creates a lot of suds which last throughout the whole wash.

imported_Dude
11-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Gummi-pfledge is made by the same people who make Einszett. They have a web page (it`s in German)- this one. (http://www.einszett.com)

SergC
11-12-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Dude

Gummi-pfledge is made by the same people who make Einszett. They have a web page (it`s in German)- this one. (http://www.einszett.com)

DUDE

Speaking of Einszett,do You use it or it`s like mine on the shelf :wavey

old_gonzo
11-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Wow, this has been a rather enlightening thread. Thanks HellrotCi for the honest comment on the Autoshampoo; looks like it will serve it`s purpose on the daily driver and not the Vette after all.

Interesting point that Einszett produces Gummi Pflege - thanks for that info.:cool:

imported_Dude
11-12-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by serg

DUDE

Speaking of Einszett,do You use it or it`s like mine on the shelf :wavey

I do use it; I am impressed. I just posted an update on another thread- this one (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16049) .

:xyxthumbs

shaf
11-12-2002, 06:05 PM
This is interesting stuff - I don`t think any auto manufacturer actually makes their own chemical products anymore, so it`s not surprising that a company like Einszett makes it for them. I would think this kind of thing would be commonplace.

This reminds me to see if they sell Gummi Pflege up here and to prep my seals for winter BTW....