PDA

View Full Version : recommend for me a "light compound"

Surfer8210
11-09-2002, 12:44 AM
hi everyone,

i`m looking for a somewhat abrasive compound. the purpose of it will be to spot wipe away some light scratches and imperfections in the paint.

for example. everytime i get out of my car, if i don`t pay attention, the heel of my shoe rubs against my rocker panel (body piece below the door). after time, it leaves some visible "scrap marks". my local body was easily able to rub it out, using some kind of compound. i asked him what kind and he said its some "non-brand name body shop kind."

anyways, i want something not too harsh were it`ll kill all my clearcoat. just a rubbing compound strong enough to rub out imperfections every few months or so.

thanks

Shant

Scottwax
11-09-2002, 12:56 AM
Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish (DACP) is excellent, starts off semi-aggressive then the buffered abrasives break down into a polish. You can order it from www.meguiars.com or find a local professional distributer using the links on their site.

You also might want to pick up a swirl remover like Meguiars #9 or 3Ms SMR first. Always try the least abrasive solution first. If either one of these work, then you don`t need a stronger product like DACP.