PDA

View Full Version : Klasse on a brand new car?

CALVIN MCCUTCHEN
11-06-2002, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago I took delivery of my Arctic Silver Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. Winter is closing fast and I want to make sure my car gets adequate protection because it will not be a garage queen.

On previous cars I have used Klasse and have been pleased with the results. But when reading about Klasse`s AIO product it seems it is designed to "clean" or otherwise condition the surface. I don`t think I need this on the new car.

Can I slip the AIO and just use the glaze or it necessary to use the AIO first?

I was thinking about following up with P21s. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Ken

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kenkamm/p04.jpg

Jngrbrdman
11-06-2002, 06:04 PM
<whistle> That`s a great looking picture you took there. I may have to add it to my Porsche picture collection. :up

Since its a new car, you should be ok just using SG. You my find that its a bit tougher to buff it off without the layer of AIO beneath it though. If you have the AIO then it wouldn`t hurt to put a coat down. SG and P21S will work fine though. Great stuff. Welcome to Autopia! I just noticed that you`ve been a member for awhile now. Welcome back from lurking I guess. ;)

CALVIN MCCUTCHEN
11-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the super-fast response!

The car has a dealer-applied layer of wax. Should I strip that first?

Thanks,

Ken

shaf
11-06-2002, 06:29 PM
Nice! :)

If you have dealer-applied wax then definitely use the AIO. It will strip it off and prep it for SG. Don`t worry too much about AIO`s cleaning abilities - it`s pretty gentle, especially by hand.

SergC
11-06-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Nice! :)

If you have dealer-applied wax then definitely use the AIO. It will strip it off and prep it for SG. Don`t worry too much about AIO`s cleaning abilities - it`s pretty gentle, especially by hand.

4DSC described it all, beautifull car Man !:xyxthumbs ,Congratulations:up

CALVIN MCCUTCHEN
11-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Looks like I will use Klasse AIO and then the glaze and follow with P21s.

Thanks for your help guys! :up

Ken

Mr. Clean
11-06-2002, 10:28 PM
I know I`m not supposed to covet, but...