PDA

View Full Version : Expired Z2? Why is it so hard to take off now?

iforcev8
11-06-2002, 01:57 AM
Wow...I`ve been gone for a long time but now I am back :)

I had a question about my Z2, I put on a coat after about 6 months, and the it is so hard to remove now? Should I z1 again? Also, I have about 12 coats of Z2/Z5, I have been neglecting it, no Z applications for 6 months! OMG!. But now, the surface isn`t as clean as it use to be. Should I just start over?

ultrajim49
11-06-2002, 04:11 AM
Hello , again,

welcome back

The expiration time for Z is about 3 years (I `ve read that somewhere around here)

What do you mean with : not as clean as it used to be?

Aren`t the contaminations gone after a torough wash?

Then you might wanna clay again to get it all out

Re-using Z1 isn`t allso a bad idea , or, if you have it , ZFX.

Might allso be weather conditions that make dry - and curetime longer (humidity)

Hope I could be of any help.

Christiaan

:wavey

iforcev8
11-06-2002, 04:32 AM
Its not as clean as it used to be, meaning, even after I wash, at certain angles there are spots on the surface. I think the surface was contaiminated and I zainoed over it? I don`t think drying time was an issue, I had it on for 20-30mins. Could humidity have such an effect

I tried to clay, the surface did get smoother, But I could still see some spots on the paint. I will try Z7 wash with some clay next time. If not, im starting from the beginning.

ultrajim49
11-06-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by iforcev8

I had it on for 20-30mins. Could humidity have such an effect

Yes, humidity will have such an effect

it can easily double dry-& curetims

christiaan

iforcev8
11-06-2002, 04:51 AM
Could Low humity have the opposite effect? Shorten drying times by half? :nixweiss

ultrajim49
11-06-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by iforcev8

Could Low humity have the opposite effect? Shorten drying times by half? :nixweiss

You got me there:D

don`t know:nixweiss

drewski59
11-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by cvcaelen

You got me there:D

don`t know:nixweiss

Yes, low humidity and high temperature can significantly shorten dry times. In the sun, it can take as little as five minutes(according to Sal;) ).

Also, if you don`t use Zfx, you`re supposed to Z1 after every 6 layers.:xyxthumbs

BTW...my 300th post!:D

:wavey

jerry@robs
11-07-2002, 02:17 AM
simple, high humidity, more water vapors airborne, low humidity, dryer air... faster cure...

crob
11-08-2002, 03:11 PM
What about in colder weather?

Right now we’re getting to the point of winter and we`ll sometimes get a warm day here and there. But generally the weather is cooling down.

I guess my question is can I Z`d my car with weather getting to 5 or lower. The car is in my garage and I can work in the garage with out feeling the cold from out side but the temp is definitely dropping.

How cold is too cold to apply Z on the car ?

TheOzzfather
11-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Luded

What about in colder weather?

Right now we’re getting to the point of winter and we`ll sometimes get a warm day here and there. But generally the weather is cooling down.

I guess my question is can I Z`d my car with weather getting to 5 or lower. The car is in my garage and I can work in the garage with out feeling the cold from out side but the temp is definitely dropping.

How cold is too cold to apply Z on the car ?

Please dont jack someone elses thread. Start a new one =) But to answer your queston I would not put it on when the temp gets below 45 F

:xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
11-11-2002, 10:24 PM
What exactly do you mean by "hard to buff off?" Does it streak and smear? Does it seem to be bonded to the paint?

Zaino comes off easy when dry. Cold and/or humid air will increase drying times. It also depends on how thick you apply it. A Z1 / Z2 combo that was not applied thin on a humid or cold day can easily take 2 hours to dry.

I would go over the car with a damp towel and remove the polish the best you can. If it is still there, wash the car with Z7 wash to level it out, and then try another coat........remember to apply thin!