PDA

View Full Version : Rock chips...

currituckf150
11-04-2002, 08:57 PM
What is the single best way to get the white residue (from previous owner) out of the the chips on the front of the hood? These are pretty deep and I`m thinking (cause of the pattern) that its bug guts. Its not like a single hole, more like a pattern around each problem spot.

On hand I`ve got 3m fine swirl, #7 and #9 and this combo took some out, but not even close to all. I tried my walmart special orbital (saving for a PC, I KNOW) and that didn`t do much either.

Was thinking about dawn/clay, then a tooth brush with vinager?

Thanks for the time

Taxlady
11-04-2002, 09:18 PM
White residue in the rock chips might be car wax. Take it out with rubbing alochol on a cotton swab.

Riccar
11-04-2002, 09:22 PM
could be primer? Under my metallic red paint, chips are white...

currituckf150
11-04-2002, 09:53 PM
Thats what I meant "previous owner" using turtle crap or something. I`ll try the alcohol tomorrow and see where that gets me. Hopefully, it clear up my problem.

Thanks, again, for the time...

CharlesW
11-04-2002, 10:59 PM
An old toothbrush and some QD works pretty good for me. Gets the wax out of chips, cracks, crevices and trim without too much trouble.

Charles

YoSteve
11-04-2002, 11:24 PM
I`m with Jon. Perhaps that`s what`s under the paint. My old car did the same thing. Every rock chip on a dark blue car, came out white! If it is something like old car wax, try some Dawn in one of them or rubbing alcohol and see if it comes off.