PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience with Zymol

SamIam
11-04-2002, 06:03 PM
After using Klasse AIO, 2 x SG, and a topper of 2 coats of S100 over the last 2 weeks, I had my wife`s Black Acura MDX looking great. Love Klasse and the S100 is truly amazing, shiny as all get out and easy to use.

In an effort to finally use up some of the myriad of products I have lying around, I tried using some Zymol Field Glaze to shine up the Acura, even though it was pretty shiny already. I had never had alot of luck with the Field glaze, but I thought I`d give it a shot.

Anyways, in the garage, it looked okay, but as soon as I pulled out into the sun, what a surprise. It was a smeared mess. No amount of rubbing could shine it up appropriately, and it just kept smearing. I finally used some Griot`s QD and life was good again.

I fell for the whole Zymol story, hoping for a "life changing" experience. I bought the Carbon package. Net result, I thought the paint cleaner worked ok, but the wax was a pain and the Glaze, well you can see above my thoughts on it.

Good news is, I am going to be able to use it up. My daughter is using it on her tricycle. I tried to get my son to try on his bike, but at 7 years old, he isn`t falling for the hype. ("Old black forest recipe? Geez Dad, isn`t it made in Conn.?")

What has other`s experience been with Zymol?

Thanks,

Sam