PDA

View Full Version : Applied klasse

Pages : [1] 2

Jfrat
11-04-2002, 02:13 PM
Ok so after getting peoples ideas on how to applied klasse. I went ahead and did it to my 330i. I clayed the car since it was still pretty clean from last weekends wax job. then i dawn washed to remove all the old wax.

used Klasse AIO with PC and went on 2 coats buffed after each coat.

Next i added Klasse SG like 4 drops per panel and that when on really light. Just want to know if that is the proper way to pu on SG. The car looks stunning wet compare to just plain s100 and meguiras #7. Thinking of putting on 2 more coats and then s100 topper.

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2002, 03:07 PM
I apply SG in a similar way. Are you applying the SG directly to the car or on an applicator first? I just apply a few drops on a MF applicator and then do really thin coats. Just remember to wait for 24 hours between coats. SG takes some time to cure properly.

Jfrat
11-04-2002, 03:40 PM
i put like 4 drops on the finishing pad then pc away at the panel

then i buff it out after it`s all evening distributed

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2002, 04:26 PM
You do SG by PC? wow. Does it work as well as by hand? I figured that it would just be a mess. Gimmie details brother! Don`t leave me in the dark! :D

Jfrat
11-04-2002, 04:43 PM
yeah.

All i did was put 4 small drops of SG on the finishing pad (CMA grey) Then i rub it in on the panel then turn on pc let oit evenly hazze over the panel then i buff with microfiber right after . Leaves a nice shine. I am not sure if that`s the proper way to apply it. On the instruction didn`t say to let it sit and cure.

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2002, 04:48 PM
The instructions don`t tell you a lot of things. ;) Klasse SG does require a bit of a cure time. It varies depending on the climate conditions where you are. If it is a more humid area then it may take longer, for example. 24 hours is the standard average for it though.

If applying it by PC works for you then that`s great. How much product to you figure you used to apply it that way? Were you able to do the hood with just one application to the pad or did it take a couple?

Brodydog
11-04-2002, 04:58 PM
Hmmm... I always thought there was a difference between dwell time and cure time. I thought for optimium SG, (1) let it dwell for a few hours or overnight before buffing off, then (2) let it cure for a day before applying 2nd coat. :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2002, 05:07 PM
You don`t need to let it sit for that long. Let it sit on the car for around 45 minutes to an hour before buffing off. If you let it sit overnight then you are going to be dealing with dust attraction and things like that. Let it sit for 45 minutes or so and then buff it off. Then wait 24 hours before you apply the next coat. I`ve heard of people who let the SG sit on their car over night, but that`s not required. It would be a very user unfriendly product if it required you to not drive your car for a whole day once you started application.

shaf
11-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by LowTech

Hmmm... I always thought there was a difference between dwell time and cure time. I thought for optimium SG, (1) let it dwell for a few hours or overnight before buffing off, then (2) let it cure for a day before applying 2nd coat. :nixweiss That`s right as far as I know. Cure time vs Drying time. The cure time is to let the SG polymers cure properly before the next layer.

The reason for the extended drying time though, is probably more for ease of removal than for proper application... I think...

EDIT: like Jngrbrdman said, you don`t really have to let it sit overnight or even hours. I did mine with maybe an hour wait, but any more and dust would`ve been a concern.

Jfrat
11-04-2002, 06:34 PM
i don`t know if i did it right i applied Sg about 4 drops to the pad. Then pc about 1/3 of the hood then after it`s evenly distributed buffed it. Didn`t seem to let it dried. Maybe none of the Sg got on but i noticed it looks a lot better than with just the AIO on. It could be just my imagination. If i didn`t do it right i`ll do it agai n this weekend making sure i let it dry for an hour before buffing.

i think i used bout maybe half an oz of SG for the whole car give or take some.

Please correct me if i didn`t do it right so i know how to apply it the proper way.

Brodydog
11-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Jngrbrdman and 4DSC: Thanks for the input! :xyxthumbs

shaf
11-04-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by scuzy

i don`t know if i did it right i applied Sg about 4 drops to the pad. Then pc about 1/3 of the hood then after it`s evenly distributed buffed it. Didn`t seem to let it dried. Maybe none of the Sg got on but i noticed it looks a lot better than with just the AIO on. It could be just my imagination. If i didn`t do it right i`ll do it again this weekend making sure i let it dry for an hour before buffing.

i think i used bout maybe half an oz of SG for the whole car give or take some.

Please correct me if i didn`t do it right so i know how to apply it the proper way. Do you mean you literally used 4 little drops for 1/3 of the hood? Or 4 (dime sized?) splotches? I can easily get 4 coats of SG out of an ounce by hand, so if you applied 1/2 an ounce of SG to the car I`d say you are doing fine. Just don`t try to "work it in" or you run the risk of abrading previous coats off with the foam pad. Just spread it around. Definitely go for the next 2 coats, top with S100, and prepare to be amazed. :)

Jfrat
11-04-2002, 09:30 PM
i literally mean 4 drops not dime size blotches. I was under the impression thin is good so i only use like 4 drops or so per 2` x 2 `

imported_Aurora40
11-05-2002, 07:54 AM
I`ve also always used SG by PC. I use a Meg`s finishing pad and at first put about 2-3 drops on the pad. Then after that I use just one drop and do small areas at a time. Otherwise I find it hard to spread around enough. Like the hood would probably be divided into 1/4ths. Probably about 5 or 6 "areas" on the side of the car. And the drops are just drops. About the size of a full drip. I wipe it across the little area to do, then fire the PC and spread it around real quick. After a few seconds it starts to dry up, so you have to spread it out quickly. That`s why I use less on smaller areas. I`ve found using more drops and going for a bigger area is too difficult. I usually can`t spread it out fast enough and so it drys up too thick without covering the area I`d planned. It`s funny because I always thought by hand would be impossible because you have to spread it out so quickly.

It`s almost absurd how little it takes. I`ve put on about 4-5 coats of SG and the bottle (16.9 size) still looks completely full.

eclemens
11-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Slightly OT, but can you use a polishing or finishing pad with AIO as well? Can you remove with a microfiber bonnet?

Thanks,

VV