PDA

View Full Version : Aghhhhhh oil soaked MF towels

Lowejackson
11-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Agghhhhhhhhhh :(

I went to get my tube of Gummi (for another post) and in the box where I keep my clean MF towels, a bottle of engine oil had been put upside down, and has soaked all my towels. They are currently in the washing machine. I hope I can get all the oil out. Is there a test to make sure all the oil has gone.

Steven

VetteToVair
11-01-2002, 03:23 PM
:sosad

PakShak
11-01-2002, 03:30 PM
Hello Lowejackson,

One test you can do would be to try and wipe your car window or bathroom mirror with one of those micro fiber towels and see if it leaves traces of smudges from the oil. You can also get a cd that you don`t need and rub the mf towel against it. Again see if it leaves any smudges and also check to see if it scratches the cd. CD`s can pick-up the lightest touch of oil from your hands so if the oil is still on the micro fiber towel than more than likely you will see the oil traces. If you still do see traces of smudges than you will have to wash your micro fiber towels a few times.

I hope that helps.

With Aloha,

Ranney

porterdog
11-01-2002, 03:54 PM
Might take a couple cycles, but I wouldn`t worry about it. I`ve got so that I use the CMA scrubbing MF`s for cleaning the grungiest of areas and they always release the nastiest stuff. I`ll often do mechanic-type work wearing polyester fleece (an unheated garage will do that for you, lol...) and it too is remarkable in that it doesn`t seem to stain ever.

Robert

Brad B
11-01-2002, 04:09 PM
Use Stain Stick. It works great. I forget the brand. It comes in a green push tube. :xyxthumbs