PDA

View Full Version : Whats easier to apply/remove: Zaino or Klasse?

Pages : [1] 2

Jon718
10-31-2002, 02:55 PM
Help everyone I am deciding on which polish/wax to go with.

Since its getting colder every week in NYC I want something that goes on and comes off easily with the least amount time.

I read on Zaino`s website that curing time on the Z1-Z2 could take as ong as 3-4 hours in les the 50 degree weather. Is this the same for Klass AIO/SG?

I am leaning more towards Zaino only b/c the initial purchase cost is less then Klasse even though you get twice more the product for the price on Klasse.

Any opinions?

bjwebster
10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
If you use ZFX, with the Zaino, it speeds up curing time. The reason I abandoned klasse was because it was to much trouble to work with for me.

Steve @ Guru
10-31-2002, 03:08 PM
If you use ZFX instead of Z1, the cure time is nearly instantaneous, even in colder weather.

In my experience, Zaino has been easier to remove than Klasse, but Klasse AIO isn`t too dificult to remove - the Sealant Glaze, though, is a totally different story... :(

AIO has cleaners and fillers, Zaino does not. So, if you go the Z route, you`ll need to do a little prep work beforehand.

imported_memnuts
10-31-2002, 03:10 PM
You might consider the "new" formulation of Blackfire. It may not last a year like Zaino but initial testing has yielded several months of protection. It can also be topped with a non-cleaner type carnuaba like P21S/S100 which will not only add protection but is very easy to apply ( whole car 30 minutes).:xyxthumbs

Unfortunately the new Blackfire is also temperature sensitive ( from my testing) and may require up to an hour to dry in cold damp conditions. Just something else to complicate your decision process.:wavey

Jon718
10-31-2002, 03:15 PM
From looking at old posts it seems Klasse is indeed a hard wax to remove. However everyone seems to say that Klasse works great on dark colors. I have a dark burgundy car and I think Klasse would work grat.

However given the climate, I don`t really want to wax and wait hours before I can remove it. But from the sound of things it looks like I will go with Zaino.

imported_memnuts
10-31-2002, 03:25 PM
If you go the Zaino route follow Geeky recommendation and buy the ZFX. I have used Zaino in the past and my garage queen has 70+ coats topped with the Blackfire. Also purchase the Z6 and Z7 in order to get the complete benefits of Zaino. I just needed more wetness and depth in addition to the great Zaino shine since my cars are black.:xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
10-31-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Jon718

From looking at old posts it seems Klasse is indeed a hard wax to remove. However everyone seems to say that Klasse works great on dark colors. I have a dark burgundy car and I think Klasse would work grat.

Klasse isn`t tough to remove if you remove it correctly. The trouble you usually hear about is from people who are applying it for the first time. It does take some practice to get it done right. For the guys who have been using it for awhile, it is pretty easy on and easy off. The secret is very thin coats. If you go to thick then its kind of a pain to buff off. It does look fantastic on dark colors and I really like it on reds.

Don`t let the reviews from people who have only applied it once fool you. There are a lot of guys on here who use Klasse all the time and have no problems with it. It is a little tricky to get the hang of, but so are most things when they are new to you. Its really not as hard as some people make it out to be.

ashsarna
10-31-2002, 04:17 PM
I agree that klasse is not difficult to remove if you put thin layers. Both are great products (zaino and klasse), but klasse is for me since it is only a two step method (AIO, SG. Zaino, as mentioned by geekysteve, would require to do additional prep work since it has no cleaners or fillers). It is great on black and better suited to top with carnauba if desired(which I do).:xyxthumbs

Jon718
10-31-2002, 05:26 PM
When you guys mean "thin" what is thing considered? And how much is too much?

Jngrbrdman
10-31-2002, 05:34 PM
If you can see it then its too much. Its really hard to do on light colored cars because you can`t hardly see it when you apply it. If you apply it heavy like you were using a liquid wax then you are going to have a really hard time buffing it off.

imported_Intermezzo
10-31-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

If you can see it then its too much. Its really hard to do on light colored cars because you can`t hardly see it when you apply it. If you apply it heavy like you were using a liquid wax then you are going to have a really hard time buffing it off.

Hmmm, sounds like a really difficult product to work with. ;)

shirtman
10-31-2002, 05:39 PM
Thin is so thin that you can barely see it. The AIO is very easy (on par with Zaino), but the SG is a bit more tricky. Apply by hand with a foam pad, and follow the thin guide above. Just a touch (a couple of drops around the pad) and you are good to go for a whole panel or more. Thin means that you barely know it is even spreading onto the surface.

AS for comparison, I would rate AIO easier than Z (one step, and no waiting with AIO). SG, when properly applied rivals Z as far as ease of use. I also like to top with carnuba, so that swings everthing toward AIO, as Sal does not recommend the topper from what I understand.

Jeff:xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
10-31-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Hmmm, sounds like a really difficult product to work with. ;)

Are you being difficult again? :p Anymore out of you and I`m taking my name back. You`ll have to make do with your middle name only. :cool:

imported_Intermezzo
10-31-2002, 06:20 PM
Gasp!! You wouldn`t!! :eek:

derrickm
10-31-2002, 09:16 PM
I don`t know why people always claim to have trouble with Klasse. I`ve been using it for about a year and I`ve never had any "hazing", it`s never been hard to remove and it looks fantastic! So far I`ve used it on a dark blue car, a white car and a metallic silver one. No problems....none....zilch....zero.....nada.

Just like the others have said, putting it on thin has got to be the key. I use a damp foam pad, with about a nickel size dab in the center. I blot the pad on the section that I`m working with in 3 or 4 spots, then spread the product front to back. Wait an hour or 2 and buff off. Always works for me!:nixweiss

I`ve read all kinds of "horror stories" on here with people not being able to buff it off....or it`s too much work to remove....my arm feels like it`s going to fall off:o.....blah...blah...blah. I`m not an expert at this detailing gig by any means, but when I got serious about this stuff a year ago, I chose Klasse and I haven`t had any problems.

Ok, I`m done venting......sorry.