PDA

View Full Version : How to use a Newspaper?

TristanCSI
10-31-2002, 06:26 AM
I`ve seen a lot of folks say using a glass cleaner and b&w newspaper. This sounds great, but I`ve got one question....

How?

Do I spray my cleaner, and then use the dry paper to just rub it in or what? What is the actual procedure?

Thanks all!

shirtman
10-31-2002, 07:39 AM
I don`t completely understand your question, but you use newspaper instead of paper towels or some other linting cloth. The paper used in printing is highly absorbant, leaving few if any streaks. It is also comparatively rough, which helps remove grime. Just wad it up in your hand and wipe....kind like toilet paper. :shocked

Just be careful as the newsprint will tend to blacken your hands and can transfer to light surfaces if you paw around your interior. A quick wash will do you good.

Jeff

HellrotCi
10-31-2002, 08:29 AM
I guess newspaper works ok, but I think a MF towel does a better job. The news print usually transfers to your fingers. If you use it to clean the inside and you have a light colored interior you could end up leaving black finger prints. I also wonder if newspaper could marr or scratch window tint. I don`t know, just something to consider. If you only planned to use newspaper on the outside, you still have to use paper towels or something else for the inside. Again MF towels are the better choice because they`re reusable and work better than paper towels. If you recycle your newspapers, you might be more inclined to throw what you used to clean the windows into the trash along with the used portions. :nono

If you just stick with MF to clean your windows, inside and out, and leave the newspaper for reading and recycling, I think you`d be better off. ;)

imported_wyatt072
10-31-2002, 12:55 PM
I spray my Stoners Invisible Glass onto the glass to be cleaned. Then I wad up a page from my newspaper and wipe the glass cleaner off.

I have never had a problem with streaking or hazing!

Lowejackson
10-31-2002, 02:16 PM
Newspaper is a good and cheap way of cleaning glass. But remember, a Gentleman would have his newspaper ironed every morning, so tell your valet not to iron when you need to clean the glass :D

Steven

Lowejackson
10-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Think, Jeeves and Wooster (P G Woodhouse)

imported_Kyle
01-22-2003, 08:00 PM
I dont have newspaper..so my question goes, can I use Yellowpage phone book? I feel they are softer and half of book are in spanish, which I cannot understand..anyways I just found 3 phonebooks outside of our apartment.

can I them as newspaper?:rolleyes:

silvesterstromae
01-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Wad it up? So I shouldn`t fold it neatly like I do towels?

imported_Goose
01-22-2003, 09:59 PM
newspaper will scratch window tint