PDA

View Full Version : Photo software

imported_edschwab1
10-30-2002, 10:31 PM
I am looking for software to assisit in organizing my collection of photos. I am looking for software which sorts by dimensions, size, thumbnails, with file directory tree on one side and photo viewer and crop or resize capabilities. Anyone use one or know of one which has these options

Eric

Taxlady
10-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Have you looked at ACDSee? I`m not sure about all the sorting options, but it certainly has the directory tree on one side.

I`ll look at it tomorrow and tell more about it. I use it on my hubby`s computer to download photos from the digicam. It certainly has some editing capabilities.

imported_doug
11-02-2002, 09:23 PM
The new "file browser" in Photoshop 7.0 is pretty good. Dunno if it will do everything you want, but if you are a PS user and haven`t upgraded you should check it out.

Taxlady
11-03-2002, 05:31 PM
I checked out ACDSee and it can sort by lots of things. It will let you crop photos and a bunch of other stuff. You can download it as a free trial and see if you like it: ACDSee Products page (http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/index.htm)

The most recent version costs USD 49.95, ACDSee Classic costs USD 34.95 and they have some product packs. Check it out.

Scottwax
11-03-2002, 08:45 PM
www.xat.com has an excellent free image optimizer. You can compress, crop, resize, etc. Great program and only 1 MB in size. I can take 200 k pics down to 50 k or less with nearly the same image quality.

Taxlady
11-04-2002, 12:06 AM
If we are talking about free image software, then I would recommend IrfanView. It gets five cows (the highest rating) at Tucows. You can certainly crop and do other special effects with it. I like it. You can download it here: IrfanView - Freeware Graphic Viewer (http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/english.htm)

DETAILKING
11-04-2002, 12:47 PM
I use LVIEW....you can try it out free....do a search! It`s a simple file, with all the basics....