PDA

View Full Version : white vinegar

currituckf150
10-29-2002, 07:52 PM
I`ve got the hard water windows. After being pointed to "the BOOK," it said to use either diluted or pure on the windows. I`ve tried both this afternoon and they didn`t do much. Forget where I heard this, but someone told me to use vinager and steelwool on the windows. Have you guys heard about this? Worth while?

What are my OTHER options on fixing?

Jngrbrdman
10-29-2002, 07:55 PM
Steel wool may be a bit abrasive. This is glass we are talking about and it scratches. Try an abrasive sponge before you go for the steel wool. That would just be my advice. You should be able to get the waterspots off without going that abrasive. Do a search on waterspots on glass. There have been a couple good suggestions lately on products to use. :xyxthumbs

thevolvoguy
10-29-2002, 07:57 PM
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/extern/889343.jpg

Try searching, this has been discussed many times.

Welcome to Autopia :wavey

currituckf150
10-29-2002, 09:47 PM
...Yeah, the funny thing about that SEARCH function..it seems to pull up everything from waterspots on your interior to waterspots on your exhaust. It even pulled up "waterspot free" in someone sig. Oh well, Thanks for the advice....

imported_BretFraz
10-29-2002, 10:12 PM
Steel wool is the trick. Use #0000 or softer. Try it with a glass polish like Autoglym`s or some Bon Ami.

Sometimes acid rain etches glass permanently and there`s nothing that can be done short of replacement.

Oh, and I typed in "waterspots, glass" in the Search box and came up with 15 threads incl this one and 153 additional posts. Using the search engine correctly will deliver you the exact responses you want.

Never ever forget the Computer Creed - GIGO.

currituckf150
10-29-2002, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the help.

Nagchampa
10-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Try some b&w newspaper for your glass. Does the trick for me!:cool: