PDA

View Full Version : New Blackfire results

imported_Eurorover
10-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Hello!

New to the group. Excellent forum. You guys really know your stuff! :)

I purchased the entire Blackfire line of products from ProperAuto last week, and finally used it (as well as other products) on our black 2000 Lincoln Navigator, and my silver 2002 BMW 330Ci.

First, the truck.

1. Dawn Wash

2. Meguiar`s DACP (mucho swirlos)

3. Blackfire Wash (some DACP residue left behind)

4. Blackfire "wax"

The Dawn wash did a good job of taking off the Blitz wax that I had on there. I shined my portable halogen work light on the truck to see what kind of swirls it had. DUDE! The whole thing was just one big, massive swirl! Ugh..this is going to take some time.

I used the DACP and, with patience, went over one section at a time. After the initial wash, I dried the truck completely, but there was still some water dripping here and there. When the water mixed with the DACP, it made it more difficult to wipe off. I wiped the bejeezus outt a the thing, and there was STILL some smeary spots. So, I washed it again with the Blackfire shampoo.

The car looked GOOD at this point. Noticeably fewer swirls, and the smears were gone.

Now, I start the Blackfire protectant/wax...

It went on VERY easily with my PC. I tried to even it out and not get too much on one section. A little goes a VERY long way.

With the Microfiber towel, the BF came off very easily. What about the shine? WOW! Very wet, very deep gloss.

After touching up the black trim and the tires, the trucks looked better than the day we bought it. No joke. It looked nearly perfect. I couldn`t stop staring at the finish.

We`ll wait to see how it holds up.

I then did the 330Ci. This time, I followed up the Dawn wash with the Blackfire polish. The first thing I noticed about the polish was that it smelled goood! Like soap.

The polish went on easy and came off okay. Not as easy to remove as the wax. Still, not that difficult.

I followed up the polish with the wax. Again, excellent results. Not as drastic as with the black Navigator, but it still looks very good.

For the look and ease of use, I`d say that the Blackfire far surpasses the Blitz wax. Again, with time, I`ll see how durable it is.

imported_memnuts
10-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Good review.:cool:

You might consider adding this review to the "Review" section with other comments about Blackfire for future product reference. Keep us informed able the durability. :xyxthumbs :wavey

Zealot
10-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Great review, Dowdy:up I wanted to go over to CMA today and get some BF, but my wife had a root-canal done this after noon so it will be a few days:) I can`t wait to try it on my Stang:bounce

mrdetailer
10-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Here`s what I`ve seen by CMA on how Blackfire should be applied, for the Ultimate Look.

1. Use a wax remover to clean off the old wax.

2. Use a claybar to remove embedded pollultants. They of course recommend Pinnacle clay bar, but Mothers, or Clay Magic are excellent.

3. Use a glaze as an undercoat. CMA recommends Meguiar`s Machine Glaze. But I used S100 Gloss Enhancing Polish on a new dark green Hyundai last weekend with fantastic results.

4. Top the glaze with either Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, or Klasse All In One. I couldn`t believe the difference when I put the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish over the S100 polish. The reflection got amazingly clear. Definitely better than just using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish alone like I did on 2 other cars.

5. Use Blackfire Paint Protectant applied by a foam polishing pad orbital. It works the protectant in better.

6. Top with an excellent Carnauba as an optional step. They recommend their own Pinnacle of course, but I`ve found P21S/S100 to be an excellent topper over Blackfire.