PDA

View Full Version : YAY!! I can wash my car in NJ Again!!

rsande43
10-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Hello All,

A newbie here.

I`ve been lurking here for a month or so collecting a huge amount of info. I got myself a PC, some clay, pads/mf towels, SMR, Klasse AIO and Souveran. I`m dying to attack my nicked and battered truck for the past 3 weeks now and just found out they eased the H2O restrictions here in NJ for weekend washing only. :bounce

But it figures, it`s gonna rain Sat!!!! :nixweiss

But Sunday is supposed to be nice!! :xyxthumbs

Thanks to all for the great posts, you guys are great!!!

JB

couch16
10-25-2002, 02:09 PM
I`m also in Westchester.

GOOD NEWS. We`re only 2.6% below normal levels. We`re at 67.5% of capacity and we`re normally at 70.1% of capacity.

Let`s hope that the heavy rainstorm coming tonight lasting through Sunday morning will make up a good portion of our deficit.

These figures are updated daily at:

http://nyc.gov/html/dep/html/current.html

geebee
10-25-2002, 02:31 PM
I live in South Jersey, and I am targetting tomorrow afternoon for my first driveway wash in months!

Detail time on Sunday. :bounce

CamaroLady
10-25-2002, 07:06 PM
You guys are lucky. Here in Virginia we have rain, but state officials say we`ve still got a long way to go. I`m going broke feeding quarters into a nearby high-pressure wand... then having to drive back home and hope I don`t pick up too much road crap before I can do final detailing. No fun!

jmdlat
10-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Yes, thank god the drought restrictions are lifted!

I think Im going to have a car washing and detailing party at my place on Sunday. I heard its suppose to be nice lol.

In the meantime though.....I hate getting thrown out of those do it yourself car washes because I wash with a bucket and soap and take my time. These people just spray their car with water and leave and can`t wait a minute for me to finish. I go very slow and then leave. I spray it then wash it with soap and sponge outside on the side. But the owner still gets mad (old man who stays there all day) and tells me to leave. Well, no more. :bounce