PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite microfiber towel for QD and wax removal

Pages : [1] 2

cerdas
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
I want to know what the most popular MF towels for QD`ing and wax removal are. For the purposes of this poll, I`m not interested in waffle-weave towels, as those are used mainly for drying.

I`ve done plenty of searches but there are so many opinions on this subject it`s hard to get a clear idea of what the most popular options are. I know that Showroom Lincoln posted a similar poll once, but it only listed 5 options, and some of those options seemed like they were infrequently used.

I am only allowed 8 options in this poll and there are plenty of MF distributors, so if your favorite is not listed, please post a reply letting us know what it is.

Thanks!!

laynlow
10-25-2002, 10:02 AM
I voted for PakShak because they are an incredible value for that quality of towel. I also like my YoSteve`s too.

In all fairness I have not tried the other brands. YoSteve`s seem to be the pinnacle of MF towels. The PakShak towels are so very close to the YoSteve`s (Just a tad, and one tad only, less plush). Since the Pak`s are cheaper than the other options I have stuck with them.

HellrotCi
10-25-2002, 10:54 AM
I`ve got some MFs from JT International and PakShak. I also have 3 Pinnacle Cobra Detailing towels, I think that`s what they are. They came with my Forum Favorite Kit last August from Autogeek.net. Anyway PakShak`s towels are a little more plush than the ones I got from JTI and about the same as the Cobra towels. Out of the three suppliers I`m familar with, PakShak gets my vote. Excellent towel, fast service and a fair price, what more could you ask for. :up

Pats300zx
10-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Pakshak....:bounce

imported_Dude
10-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by laynlow

I voted for PakShak because they are an incredible value for that quality of towel. I also like my YoSteve`s too.

In all fairness I have not tried the other brands. YoSteve`s seem to be the pinnacle of MF towels. The PakShak towels are so very close to the YoSteve`s (Just a tad, and one tad only, less plush). Since the Pak`s are cheaper than the other options I have stuck with them.

laynlow said it!

imported_Intermezzo
10-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Although YoSteve`s & CMA`s towels have the plushest pile, you can`t ignore the fact that JTI & Pakshak sell towels that are almost as good for $2 each.

In terms of plushness.....JTI & Pakshak (& neatitems) are indistinguishable....but I`d give the slight edge to Pakshak because of the high quality stitchings on the edges and the way their tags are taped on...not stitched on. Plus, he`s a fellow brother-in-detailing autopian. In other words, he`s as maniacally anal & compulsive as the rest of us. Who better to examine the towels before they`re distributed out to us?

PakShak
10-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Thanks alot Intermezzo,

"he`s as maniacally anal & compulsive as the rest of us"...it`s true

With Aloha,

Ranney

:scared

madazskunk
10-25-2002, 12:54 PM
pakshak, I heard you give autopians a discount is that true?

PakShak
10-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Hi madazskunk,

Please check your PM.

With Aloha,

Ranney

SergC
10-25-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Intermezzo

Although YoSteve`s & CMA`s towels have the plushest pile, you can`t ignore the fact that JTI & Pakshak sell towels that are almost as good for $2 each.

In terms of plushness.....JTI & Pakshak (& neatitems) are indistinguishable....but I`d give the slight edge to Pakshak because of the high quality stitchings on the edges and the way their tags are taped on...not stitched on. Plus, he`s a fellow brother-in-detailing autopian. In other words, he`s as maniacally anal & compulsive as the rest of us. Who better to examine the towels before they`re distributed out to us?

Intermezzo described it perfectly:up

Serg

Scottwax
10-25-2002, 11:47 PM
I was really impressed with the JT and Pakshak towels Intermezzo sent me (thanks, Tony!) and also the Turtle Wax mf towels you can buy at Autozone.

imported_BretFraz
10-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Interesting poll. If you would have asked this question a year ago the results would have been completely different. No Pak Shak or JT selling MF`s. When I first joined Autopia all people could talk about were Neatitem`s Minty Green`s. Now they barely rank.

Goes to show how fast trends come and go at this place. Remember when One Grand Blitz was all the rage here? When was the last time anyone talked about it?

Mr. Clean
10-26-2002, 11:07 AM
I agree with brefraz, interesting poll. Thanks to this forum, many more options are now known to it`s readers. I started out with the CMA microfiber package and still enjoy the the Miracle Towel for final buff and QD. I then tried the NeatItems towels and found them to be a more substantial towel than the CMA Miracle Towel and more plush than the Viper. Moving on to another forum find, I bought the ultra, elite,waffle weave, and glass towels from Microfiber Tech. The elite towel is perhaps the plushest of the towels I currently own. So in response to the survey question is... I designate the CMA Miracle Towel and the Microfiber Tech Elite towels as my current final buff and QD faves. The job of initial wax removal is delegated to CMA Viper and NeatItems.

I also have in my aresnal the 1) orignal 3M microfiber a decent window towel, but not touching my paint 2) Nicsand the blue colored towels are a bit rougher than the mint green or yellow versions which are pretty decent towels 3) Mystic Maid expensive and really best suited as a kitchen towel 4) Scotch Power Rag again a solid towel have not used on the car(s) yet and finally 5) Spontex a 85/15 blended towel which I haven`t even opened yet.

Have not yet had the pleasure of using the PakShak or JTI products.

cerdas
10-26-2002, 01:22 PM
I regret not putting an option on there that says something like "I do NOT use MF`s on my paint, I only use 100% cotton!" , to get an even better picture of what the majority of Autopians use. But, because the polls only limit you to 8 options, I wanted to make sure that all of the most popular mf`s got ranked.

When I first started reading this board, less than a year ago, it seems like there was a lot more uncertainty whether or not MF`s were really safe for your paint. I remember reading a lot of differing opions on this. So at the time, I figured I better stick with cotton and ordered a bunch of Fieldcrest Royal velvets.

I guess now that people are using higher quality mf`s, like Pakshak`s, there seems to be a lot less debate over quality and safety. I figure now is the time to make the investment in some good mf`s(you listening Ranney?) ;)

Anyways, this poll helped to make my decision much easier, and I hope it helps other Autopians make theirs as well. Thanks for voting!

rstype
10-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bretfraz

Interesting poll. If you would have asked this question a year ago the results would have been completely different. No Pak Shak or JT selling MF`s. When I first joined Autopia all people could talk about were Neatitem`s Minty Green`s. Now they barely rank.

Goes to show how fast trends come and go at this place. Remember when One Grand Blitz was all the rage here? When was the last time anyone talked about it?

Yea, and what happened to the CMA Miracle Towels or the infamous YoSteve ones? What about the tacscar Ultimate towels? Remember when P21S was considered an inferior product to Blitz, Paste Glaz, and Souveran? It wasn`t too long ago when respected Senior Autopians said, "I still believe this [wax test] test is bogus, and the comparisons [are] more subjective than anything..."

:D

Back to the subject, I love my PakShaks and YoSteves the most. I haven`t tried JTI or Neatitems yet...

When was the last post talking about Fieldcrest Charismas? Where are you darbh?

:D