PDA

View Full Version : Protect-All Quick & Easy Wash - from a noob

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zealot
10-24-2002, 05:51 PM
First I want to thank scottwax and all others who have posted on here about how to use this product. I bought some last week at the local Camping World, and used my black Stang as a guinea pig about an hour ago. It does just what it claims to do, and I really like the idea of the "dry as you go" method, though I was able to use only 1 towel, by flipping it for the second wipe. I did the roof first, then the panels one at a time, then the hood, and the trunk/rear. Once all that was done, I did the inside lip of the fender flares since they were the dirtiest. It was nice not having to drag out the hose! So from this noob`s POV, it`s a pretty easy thing to do, and doing the whole car (minus the wheels) took maybe 30min max. Thanks guys:xyxthumbs

thevolvoguy
10-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the review! I have been wanting to try some, but I am happy with Zaino for now.

Plus, I don`t mind washing the car... it gets me out of the house. :)

^ 500th post. :D

imported_Intel486
10-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Yhea, I love the Q&E Wash. It is cheaper than using normal soap too :)

Scottwax
10-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

Yhea, I love the Q&E Wash. It is cheaper than using normal soap too :)

And faster, too! Not to mention little or no water running out of the side moldings while you are trying to wax. I sure am glad I saw the little blurb about it in the new product section of Popular Hot Rodding in 1993!

johnson
10-29-2002, 11:05 PM
I still dont see how you can use so little water but I still have yet to find a camping store in my city that carries it. How do you wash wheels and tires with it?

Scottwax
10-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by FNG

I still dont see how you can use so little water but I still have yet to find a camping store in my city that carries it. How do you wash wheels and tires with it?

I was skeptical of the product until I used it.

You just use a tire brush and towels. It works so well I don`t use a separate tire cleaner. You do have to scrub whitewalls and raised white letters with something a little stronger, so I save that for last...and just dip an SOS pad into the water, scrub and wipe dry.

shaf
10-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Heh heh, I just finished washing my car in the semi-cold not long ago, and I finally went from "Quick and Easy Wash would be nice..." to "I NEED Quick and Easy!!!" in a short time. :p I figured this out since I found myself standing in large, deep puddles of water due to the Beirut-esque condition of my driveway.... :(

Not to mention my hands were numb after drying the car afterwards. QEW here I come! Time to start shopping...

CharlesW
10-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FNG

I still have yet to find a camping store in my city that carries it.

Try www.campingworld.com

Order now and you will probably have it the first of next week.

Charles

robertmatuszak
10-31-2002, 07:57 AM
I ordered mine from Protect All direct earlier this week.Can`t wait to try.I live in an area that has water restriction,so this would work great.

xyzzy
10-31-2002, 09:09 AM
My sample of QEW (has this been identified as an official acronym yet?) showed up in the mail earlier this week and I was very impressed with the results. I had great reservations before, but no worries now! I ordered a gallon of it from campingworld.com on Tuesday. Even the guy at Protect All suggested that I buy it from campingworld.com because they only charge $1.00 for shipping and their price on the product is good.

lonestar
10-31-2002, 11:04 AM
I tried Q&E for the first time last week. I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. I was very careful while washing so I didn`t really save any time, but I can see how it would be quicker. This stuff is kind of strange because after you add it to the water it just looks and feels like colored water. But it does work.

Do you guys use a separate bucket for rinsing the wash cloth? I did, but of course that takes more water.

xyzzy
10-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by sync

Do you guys use a separate bucket for rinsing the wash cloth? I did, but of course that takes more water.

I didn`t for my first wash with the product, but I will from now on. It might not be absolutely necessary, but it`s not a big deal to me to just fill up another bucket while I`m in the house. In my situation it`s more of a "why not" question. If I were a mobile detailer and was concerned about the amount of water I had to bring with me I might feel different about it, but maybe not. I usually error to the side of caution.

imported_Intermezzo
10-31-2002, 01:01 PM
xyzzy, nice motto!

I remember when Scottwax first brought up QEW, he was flamed pretty badly. What a turn-around! After receiving several assurances from him that the stuff is safe and effective, I believe I was one of his first `converts` to bucket-washing.

Since most of us keep our cars pretty clean, I think using QEW fits in nicely with our detailing regimen. The whole process of rinsing & washing the entire car followed by drying just seems a bit much for me since I live in a place that almost never rains and my cars stay pretty clean even a week after `washing`. Plus this stuff is very wax-friendly and really extends the life of any carnauba wax.

johnson
10-31-2002, 03:57 PM
Hey xyzzy, did they send you a free sample of the product?

xyzzy
10-31-2002, 05:05 PM
Yes. I called their 800 number because I wanted to ask specific questions about "winter salt crust" and the effectiveness of pretreating a panel before washing. I was also calling because I was having a hard time finding a local dealer. As posted in another thread (somewhere around here) the guy seemed very knowledgeable and was helpful. He suggested buying from campingworld.com because of the $1.00 shipping, but said that he would send me a sample so that I could try it out before I bought online. He sent a 4 oz bottle and it arrived in about a week, along with a couple of wax wipe type deals (I won`t use them, it`s S100 all the way baby!).

Again, I`m very impressed with the product.