PDA

View Full Version : S100 and enhancer on fairly new car?

Bruce Jenkins
10-24-2002, 11:44 AM
I own a 2002 Candy Apple Red Prowler that has what I consider to be a good wax finish on it. I have been using "Der Shiney Stuff" and always receive numerous comments on how well the finish looks. But....after reading the posts for a while I have decided to try S100 and the corresponding paint cleanser. I do have a few minor swirls in a couple of areas, other than that everything looks good. Do I need to use Dawn before any applications and am I expecting too much from this switch? (The only reason for this switch is because of the raves this product has been getting!!!)

Thanks

Paul

Scottwax
10-24-2002, 12:14 PM
S100 Paste Wax and S100 Shine Enchancing Paint Cleanser would work fine on your Prowler. It really seems to make candy and metallic paints really `pop` out at you.

S100 SEPC is a very mild polish, so if you have some swirls, you may need to use something a little stronger, like 3Ms Swirl Mark Remover or Meguiars Swirl Remover #9 2.0 or Swirl Free Polish first. SEPC has a lot of polishing oils in it (you can see them at the bottom of a bottle that has sat for a while) and will leave the paint super slick and shiny. Top with S100 Paste Wax and you will be amazed at the shine.

Redcar GUY
10-24-2002, 12:35 PM
Ya Listen to Scott he has waxed a few cars in his day;)

Welcome to the forum:)

Bruce Jenkins
10-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Hey Redcar GUY:

I guess I have to agree with your statement at the end of each post about if it ain`t red...............reread my car info on the inital post........

Kimo

mrdetailer
10-24-2002, 02:23 PM
When I last used S100 Gloss Ehancing Polish it did a wonderful job of making the silver finish shine, but it didn`t hid swirls like Meguiars #7, 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Pad Glaze and Swirl Remover, or 3M SMR did. Use something stronger first to remove the swirls. S100 Polish seems to enhance scratches.

Pats300zx
10-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Scottwax,

Do you like the S100 polish better than something like Pinnacle PPCL????

I was thinking of giving the S100 paint cleanse a try...

Scottwax
10-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Scottwax,

Do you like the S100 polish better than something like Pinnacle PPCL????

I was thinking of giving the S100 paint cleanse a try...

I`ve never used PPCL, so I really couldn`t tell you which is better, but I will say that S100 SEPC leaves the paint unbelievably slick and glossy and after you use it, S100 wax practically glides on. It`s only $8.95 for a 12 oz bottle.