PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience with Wheel Wax

hckirchner
10-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Just thought I would pass along some bad experience with Wheel Wax, sold in a black container.

Maybe I got a bad batch, but my wax was partly separated when first opened. I had to stir it each time I used it. Then finally it completely separated -- looked like cottage cheese curds floating around in salad oil.

It may be very temperature senstive. If so, it hardly seems suitable for wheels.

Steve @ Guru
10-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I had a similar problem with my wheel wax, which I purchased for inclusion in The Wax Test (at the owner of wheelwax`s request)...since we couldn`t even use it, I figured it wouldn`t be fair to publish the results.

People should know that carnauba melts at 180ish...wheel temps are usually right around that #....do the math... :)

Lowejackson
10-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Take it back and get a refund or speak to Wheel Wax and see what they say. Sounds like something has gone wrong.

Steven

AMP01
10-23-2002, 02:24 PM
My favorite thing to use on my wheels is Klasse AIO. Besides protecting the finish, it also really cleans the wheels. Give it a try!

Cheers,

My 740iL Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

jerryb540
10-23-2002, 03:00 PM
I also had the same problem with Wheel Wax. Separated in the container, had to constantly stir. Very messy to use as well.