PDA

View Full Version : Anyone elses PakShak MF Towels come out of the wash and air dry rather....

TheOzzfather
10-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Crusty?

I have washed them now with out fab softner and tried air flufing them and very low heat drying and they have this stiffness about them. Should I try wasing in Woolite instead of tide? I use a full sized washer full of hot water and half a cap of tide and a full cap on another occasion to see the difference. I also have an extra rinse cycle I put them through. Could I have defective towels?:(

Pats300zx
10-22-2002, 05:56 PM
I have never had any problems with Ranney`s towels. I love them. I just washed some last night with a little Tide, warm water, delicate cycle. I usually let them air dry and I am ready to go...

laynlow
10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
I have not had a problem either. They come out just fine, the fibers kinda stick together out of the wash, but I hang them on a hanger to air dry with no problems. My yosteve`s are the same way.

Boongie
10-22-2002, 07:38 PM
I have not had any problem either. I wash them with liquid Tide Free in warm water on the gentle cycle. I then put them in the dryer on the lowest heat setting. They do not usually dry all the way so I take them out and let them hang dry. Ready to use again!

RobD
10-22-2002, 07:56 PM
I think I would avoid washing any MF in hot water. The fine MF strands may soften too much in very hot water, then fuse together in the cold water rinse. The result can`t be very supple. I wash my BBT and LBT in cold water with Tide and let them air dry. They always come clean (not that they`re real dirty) and stay soft. Try washing again in cooler water and let air dry. Then again, if they were stiff out of the bag, I would contact the manufacturer.

PakShak
10-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Hello 03MaximaSE_TE,

This is the first time, we heard that any of our micro fiber towels being "crusty" after using proper washing and drying techniques. When you say "hot" water is it over 90 ° C? That could be the cause. Are you noticing just one of your micro fiber towel or all of them being crusty. If it is all of them, I would try washing your micro fiber towels in warm water and either dry them at low or air temperature or even hang dry them. Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you & Aloha,

Ranney

BradE
10-22-2002, 08:11 PM
If you have an "Air Fluff" setting on your dryer (no heat) you can throw them in for a few minutes on that and it will soften them up. :up

Redcar GUY
10-23-2002, 12:05 AM
I wash mine in coild water then air fluff, then air dry :xyxthumbs

johnson
10-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Warm on gentle cycle and let it air dry.