PDA

View Full Version : How do you search for Meguiar`s products?

KenB
10-22-2002, 12:48 PM
I am a member of several bulletin boards and I understand how to use the search function. What I need to know here though is, how do you do a search for particular Meguiar`s products? The engine doesn`t accept text strings less than 3 characters and thus doesn`t recognize the numbers used to designate products. I have been through every combination of "Meguiar`s #7" possible and the best I can do is to search for Meguiar`s and then sort through thousands of posts.:(

There must be a better way that I`m not thinking of, because most of the abbreviations we use are 3 characters or less.:confused:

thanks

Zealot
10-22-2002, 01:02 PM
What I do is search for meg* in the subject only.

imported_memnuts
10-22-2002, 01:07 PM
You can also try meg# X ( #7, #9, #26, etc)

Hope this helps:wavey

KenB
10-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help. My problem was that I was looking for:

Meguiars #7

Meguiars no.7

Meguiars no7

Meguiars number 7

Meguiars num7

Meguiars num.7

etc.

....and either received thousands or none.

Using the "meg*" or "meg#XX" I was able to narrow the posts from 2000+ to just 200+. Much more reasonable to sort through.

:xyxthumbs

shaf
10-22-2002, 03:08 PM
I try to use other words in their name, like for #7 I`d do: "scg" which stands for "show car glaze" and search for either.

For #20 I`d do "meguiars polymer sealant" (apparently the search engine doesn`t care if you say "meguiars" or "meguiar`s"

For #26 I do "meguiars wax" along with either/or "hi-tech" or "yellow".

Or sometimes you just have to search for similar topics/products and visually scan through them. But being creative helps. :)